• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mount a Denali Soundbomb compact unit on a 2009 R1200R

tater

I ride a 2009 R1200R. I received a Denali soundbomb compact 1 piece horn and am looking for a suitable site to install it. The location of the original horn looks a little tight. Not sure I can get it in there even with fabbed brackets. An alternative is to remove the cannister and use that space. I know I can probably swap out the one I have for the split system but prefer to use the one I was given.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Have a look at the bottom of the page in the “Similar Threads” pane. Looks like some help there.
OM

I looked on the Denali and Twisted Throttle sites and there is no mount offered for your bike, or any Hexhead/Camhead that I could see Looks like you are on your own for finding a place and method of attachment.

Oh, my bad. Someone posted the same question today on FB (though now I see you have an R not an RT)...

I looked long and hard for a place to put a pair of Fiamm horns on my 2011 R1200R. Unless you want a crash bar mount, I think the the only place to put a larger horn is if you get rid of the charcoal canister and put the horn there.

Nautilius on youtube

If you search for Nautilus mount on R1200RT that should get you close. On my 2017 it is a tight fit between the front forks. May need to make a new mounting strap with some donor metal, but that's not too difficult. May require a trip to Home Depot.

OP - Soundbomb Installation complete !

Thanks to all of you for your ideas and input.

I did a canisterectomy and fashioned a suitable bracket for the horn using the canister bracket and another element I made up. It's a tight fit but it worked out fine.

It's quite a horn and I'm sure it will turn some heads!

Thanks again!

Bill

Good work, Bill!

Would you take a few pics of the horn in place, and attach them so we can see how you did it?

Here is what I did and so far it works okay 2010 R1200R

Just saw this thread so my answer may well be OBE. I added Denali lights, the mini Soundbomb and CanSmart harness. After much head scratching, I decided that the horn could fit under the seat and frame on the left side. I bought a Denali Engine Guard/Frame Horn Mount 22-29MM HMT.00.10100.B. Here are some photos.

Attachments

• Reduced-View.jpg
    Reduced-View.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Reduced-Left-Side-Horn.jpg
    Reduced-Left-Side-Horn.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Reduced-Inside-Frame-View.jpg
    Reduced-Inside-Frame-View.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 60
Back