Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: East to the Apache Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbs View Post
    Mark -

Could you post a map file so the locals can advise on local roads? The resolution of your image does not appear clear on my device. It would be a help to many of the members.

I was going to post a link to Google Maps for each section, but didn't want to overwhelm everyone.
    Unfortunately, because the route is so long and so complex, I can't capture it in one Google Map.

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to share each stage/section, but there are 33 days worth.

Cheers

Mark
    Mark Hubble
    2015 - R1200GS Black Storm Metallic
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Debbie and tend to get away with going places where we do not belong without getting in trouble.
    In Alaska Debbie rode her bike through a narrow gate so I could get a picture of her bike under the oil pipeline.
    It was not long before a security truck pulled up to the gate and the guy walked into where we were.
    I just explained I wanted a picture and would get out. He was pretty nice and visited with us for quite awhile.
    He mentioned the helicopter we had spotted was keeping an eye on us.

I love those types of interactions with locals.

We had a similar experience at one of the large solar installations north west of Barstow in California.
    An amazing expanse of solar panels and we stayed on our side of the fence, but had a good look around the perimeter of the facility before being approached by their security team. Seems we may be the only people who have ever thought of this as a potential tourist destination. Maybe we are just strange?

Apparently they don't run tours or entertain couples from Australia who get a buzz from alternate energy installations - go figure.
    The guys were very friendly though and were just doing their jobs. We thanked them, waved goodbye and rode off.
    Mark Hubble
    2015 - R1200GS Black Storm Metallic
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA