• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Lister in Marketplace?

rick601

I was just browsing the marketplace- nothing particular in mind- and it occurred to me that it would be nice to have a screen name associated with listings. Many here "qualify" to list- some much more than others! Other forums have classifieds as a sub-forum with the poster's info same as in the regular discussion forums. I imagine this has been mentioned before and I'm probably missing the logic- so? it's either a good idea or "what did I miss"? Thanks in advance.

I think that many of the listers in the Marketplace aren't active in the forum, thus they have no screen name. We had an in-forum version of the marketplace when we were in between versions of the MOA market. IIRC there was quite a bit of huff about the forum version by those who never frequented the forum. Plus keeping up with the cleaning up the forum listings was problematic.

Wow- that many listers aren't active is even more troubling. I saw it as an additional layer of confidence in the seller-you know, buying from (somewhat) familiar guys. Maybe the option to add your screen name? (i'd be more likely to buy that way) As it is, posters in other forums are discouraged from even mentioning sale items- I get THAT.

Since the Marketplace is not really part of the forum, probably best to contact the office about additional market features. It's been mentioned before, but non MOA members can see the Marketplace and could make contact to buy something.

Since the Marketplace is not really part of the forum, probably best to contact the office about additional market features. It's been mentioned before, but non MOA members can see the Marketplace and could make contact to buy something.

Ahh- that's it. I didn't realize that. Now I see- as a separate MOA service marketplace isn't really a "forum".. So I do, actually, have the security (somewhat0 of knowing the lister is at least an MOA member.

Back