Thread: Lister in Marketplace?

Lister in Marketplace?

I was just browsing the marketplace- nothing particular in mind- and it occurred to me that it would be nice to have a screen name associated with listings. Many here "qualify" to list- some much more than others! Other forums have classifieds as a sub-forum with the poster's info same as in the regular discussion forums. I imagine this has been mentioned before and I'm probably missing the logic- so? it's either a good idea or "what did I miss"? Thanks in advance.

I think that many of the listers in the Marketplace aren't active in the forum, thus they have no screen name. We had an in-forum version of the marketplace when we were in between versions of the MOA market. IIRC there was quite a bit of huff about the forum version by those who never frequented the forum. Plus keeping up with the cleaning up the forum listings was problematic.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Wow- that many listers aren't active is even more troubling. I saw it as an additional layer of confidence in the seller-you know, buying from (somewhat) familiar guys. Maybe the option to add your screen name? (i'd be more likely to buy that way) As it is, posters in other forums are discouraged from even mentioning sale items- I get THAT.

Since the Marketplace is not really part of the forum, probably best to contact the office about additional market features. It's been mentioned before, but non MOA members can see the Marketplace and could make contact to buy something.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by rick601 View Post
    . Maybe the option to add your screen name?.
    I never thought about it, but at the end of the item description you could mention your screen name.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Since the Marketplace is not really part of the forum, probably best to contact the office about additional market features. It's been mentioned before, but non MOA members can see the Marketplace and could make contact to buy something.
    Ahh- that's it. I didn't realize that. Now I see- as a separate MOA service marketplace isn't really a "forum".. So I do, actually, have the security (somewhat0 of knowing the lister is at least an MOA member.