Thread: New Member

Well after riding a RT 1200 for last year at work after we got rid of the Harleyís, I decided to get my own BNW for the occasional commuting to work. As I get older Iíve began to get tired of riding a SportBike on the freeway. Iím trading in my Ducati Panigale R for a GS 1250. Should be picking up bike today or tomorrow. The Ducati was great at the track, but Iím looking forward to a bike Iíll enjoy riding for 30 minutes, an hour, or all day. Iíve really enjoyed my RT so I think Iíll feel right at home on the GS.

Now I just need to learn all the terms used and all things BMW looking forward to gaining some knowledge from you all.
    Mike

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up

Welcome Mike; that "1250 GS" (new term learning here we go) will make quite a Christmas week!

Very practical decision I believe; let alone a quite exciting proposition to operate two of the most satisfying platforms in the Motorrad arsenal.

l'll be interested to learn of your observations between the bikes/drive-trains.

I'm betting you'll enjoy our comments/opinions to questions as you gather GS knowledge.

I rode the 1200 RT about 15 months, before transition into the... "then" new water cooled 1200 GS during 2015. I love the riding position and versatility of the GS.

Thanks for joining us Mike... Happy Holidays!

"travel" John

Welcome, that's quite a hop from a Panigale to a GS. I'm sure you'll appreciate the difference in ergonomics after about 10 minutes. It will be a fun learning curve for sure!
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Welcome to BMW and the MOA.

Did the shop remember to give you the $500 police officer discount?
    It's one of the discounts from BMW USA.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Welcome to BMW and the MOA.

Did the shop remember to give you the $500 police officer discount?
    It's one of the discounts from BMW USA.
    Yes they did. Cal Moto is great. They device our 1200 RTís and gave me that discount and a bit more.

So far itís been great, very lightweight. I had a Hypermotard 950 SP for a few months and didnít like it. The GS is much more stable but feels almost as nimble. Since Iím already riding a newer RT I felt right at home jumping on the GS. The display is different but a lot of the controls and how you operate them are the same, so it was less of a learning curve for me.
    Work: 2018 1200 RT
    Play:2019 1250 GS

Race: 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - 2019 KTM 450 SX-F