• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

mr662

Well after riding a RT 1200 for last year at work after we got rid of the Harley’s, I decided to get my own BNW for the occasional commuting to work. As I get older I’ve began to get tired of riding a SportBike on the freeway. I’m trading in my Ducati Panigale R for a GS 1250. Should be picking up bike today or tomorrow. The Ducati was great at the track, but I’m looking forward to a bike I’ll enjoy riding for 30 minutes, an hour, or all day. I’ve really enjoyed my RT so I think I’ll feel right at home on the GS.

Now I just need to learn all the terms used and all things BMW looking forward to gaining some knowledge from you all.
Mike

Welcome Mike; that "1250 GS" (new term learning here we go) will make quite a Christmas week!

Very practical decision I believe; let alone a quite exciting proposition to operate two of the most satisfying platforms in the Motorrad arsenal.

l'll be interested to learn of your observations between the bikes/drive-trains.

I'm betting you'll enjoy our comments/opinions to questions as you gather GS knowledge.

I rode the 1200 RT about 15 months, before transition into the... "then" new water cooled 1200 GS during 2015. I love the riding position and versatility of the GS.

Thanks for joining us Mike... Happy Holidays!

"travel" John

Welcome, that's quite a hop from a Panigale to a GS. I'm sure you'll appreciate the difference in ergonomics after about 10 minutes. It will be a fun learning curve for sure!

Welcome to BMW and the MOA.

Did the shop remember to give you the $500 police officer discount?
It's one of the discounts from BMW USA.

Welcome to BMW and the MOA.

Did the shop remember to give you the $500 police officer discount?
It's one of the discounts from BMW USA.

Yes they did. Cal Moto is great. They device our 1200 RT’s and gave me that discount and a bit more. :thumb

So far it’s been great, very lightweight. I had a Hypermotard 950 SP for a few months and didn’t like it. The GS is much more stable but feels almost as nimble. Since I’m already riding a newer RT I felt right at home jumping on the GS. The display is different but a lot of the controls and how you operate them are the same, so it was less of a learning curve for me.

Back