Thread: '16 R1200RT - Power for an EzCAN

'16 R1200RT - Power for an EzCAN

Is there somewhere other than direct wiring onto the battery where I can pick up power for an EzCAN? The battery compartment is so tight, that squeezing an extra pair of wires in there is very difficult, and makes removing the battery a trial.

It is recommended to ONLY put it to the battery or a fuse block. Plenty of us have done it so while not easy it is not to difficult at all. You just use the red jump start plug and the battery's ground, it is just not a issue.
    Lee
    2017.5 R 1200 GSW

I agree, you need to go directly to the battery with a fuse as close to the battery terminal as possible.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Many of these comments seem to imply that the installation is complex and/or requires additional components. The EzCan and CanSmart are designed to be connected directly to the battery or the jump posts. The devices come with an inline fuse. The hardest part is running cables to what ever items you are powering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pkpilot View Post
    ...... The EzCan and CanSmart are designed to be connected directly to the battery or the jump posts. The devices come with an inline fuse. ....
    Thanks pkpilot as your reply goes to the heart of my question. Where are the Jump Posts, as I was unaware of their existance?
    Last edited by stinkypete; 12-27-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Every electrical accessory manufacturer wants their gizmo to be hooked directly to the battery through their (fused) harness. That's not necessary. I know I'm not the only person to hook them up to a PDM60, Neutrino, PowerHub or similar. Yes, even my EZCAN.

Doing it that way means there's only one connection to the battery, it's neater because you don't need to find room for all of the fuse holders (battery tender, heated gear, ezCAN,...) There's certainly a "moment of truth" when you cut off the manufacturer's ring terminal and fuse holder, there's no turning back from there.
    2020 R1250 GSA Low

Quote Originally Posted by stinkypete View Post
    Thanks pkpilot as your reply goes to the heart of my question. Where are the Jump Posts, as I was unaware of their existance?

The manual....look in the owners manual. One post is off set to right of battery. Ya don't need to take battery out or even move it. Hook up post showing itself to side of bike and the other post is just remotely inches away.
    '19 F850GSA - '18 Z900RS

MOA #46783