• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone Have Experience with Muc-Off Motorcycle/Bicycle Cleaner?

My opinion on pressure washers in general-

They have their place. They can clean crevices it’s tough to reach by other means. They can push liquid past seals inviting contamination later corrosion. They can strip the grease out of chains and cables. They can clean walks and decks as long as the stream from the wand is kept moving. On big trucks salting the highways, an inexperienced wash with one will drive salt into places on the truck that have never seen salt.
Probably have caught my drift by now.

This unit looks reasonably “safe” due to its low pressure. Possibly like a Karcher sold at the home stores. I think the marketing is mainly with the cleaning product associated with it. I purchased some Alco dirt bike/ATV specific cleaner that could be used via PW or bucket.......can’t tell that it did much of anything.

My best washing is done in the rain or just after the rain has stopped while the “surface tension” of the dirt is broken up. Kinda tough on a bike though. Rag, brush, mitt, sponge <100* water (if you have waxed surfaces) and elbow grease yields the best job.

As always, YMMV.

OM

Muc-off cleaner from a hand sprayer, followed by a rinse with a garden hose only, I always follow up with a small bug sprayer with quality car wash detergent, again a through rinse with garden hose. Note: NO HIGH PRESSURE WATER

Back