• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

trying to type 2 capital letters in a thread reply, but only first letter remains cap

WWeldin

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?96653-R18-Motor-Details

When replying to Lee's post about not having a pop quiz about an article pertaining to fuel requirement, I wanted to type OH. (Cheeky response to the technical aspect of the article) As soon as I submit reply, the letter "H" changes to lower case, every time. I tried quite a few edits to change it back to upper case H with no luck. The first letter "O" remains a capital letter. Strange.

I ended up deleting the thread as I believe it would have been more effective as the letters OH represent the Hydrogen particles uniting with Oxygen

Yet, in this thread, the letters remain upper case.........OH

I am going to return to the affecte thread and try it again.

Cheers,
William

OH, not sure what you mean?

OH, not sure what you mean?

Try logging out and logging back in.

OM

HO, HO, HO is reserved this time of year; restricted to a jolly old elf who is still wondering when BMW will build a sleigh. Try again after December 25th. :D :D

Seriously, it is working fine here, using either caps lock or shift key. Maybe interference from a spell checker on your local machine?

Best,
DeVern

Oh

OH, it is a first world issue, but not a problem. It worked in the message body, but not in the title on the other thread (and here, too.) Strange. Folks from OHio might not appreciate it. Just sayin'

OH, OH, OH!

HA!

Oh no!

Odd. Maybe it's a spell-checker issue? Here's what I typed (screen shot)

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 11.01.37 AM.png

and you see the result which made it to the forum...

Yes, there are some different "features" for the title bar. One that I've noticed in the past is the use of special characters in the title such as & or % or others. Normally without these special characters in the title, when you click on the small icon just to the left of an unread thread title in a forum area, it will take you to the last unread post based upon your last session. However, I've noticed that with a special character in the title, it takes you to the first post in the thread, not the first unread post. So another "annoyance" to deal with. :wave

Back