• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ads and things

Perhaps he priced it according to how much money he has invested in it. I have one like that, I used to keep up with my investment amount but it got too depressing. Now I look at it like this, What price would I put on my enjoyment of owning, working on and riding the old beast? Another way of looking it; If I paid $11,000 for a new bike, would it be worth more than I have invested in my old one at this point?

He "spent" money on it---he didn't "invest" money in it. Motorcycles are, generally, not investments.

investment

An investment is not always about monetary return. You can invest time in your children, but you would never exchange them for money. If I bought a brand new BMW it would be an investment, but the payback would be the pleasure I have riding in, but in this case, If the seller got anywhere close to the asking price it would be an outstanding investment.

He "spent" money on it---he didn't "invest" money in it. Motorcycles are, generally, not investments.

"GENERALLY", you are right.
A visit to the classic motorcycle auction in Las Vegas NV, will present examples of motorcycles that are investments that keep and increase in value. I have seen many exmples of BMW's that have brought healthy sums.

I think this all gets down to whether you are married.

If you are married, such purchases must be referred to as "investments." If you are single, you can call them whatever you wish.

Lower price

I see the fellow in AU lowered his pice $10K. No takes at $69K, think $59K will do better? How about pricing the bike for a realistic price and maybe you will sell it.

Or, as has been said in other parts of this thread, Maybe the wife wants him to sell it and he agreed, LOL. St.

I see the fellow in AU lowered his pice $10K. No takes at $69K, think $59K will do better? How about pricing the bike for a realistic price and maybe you will sell it.

Or, as has been said in other parts of this thread, Maybe the wife wants him to sell it and he agreed, LOL. St.

For your consideration.....

He has got you watching and talking about it. One of the first rules of marketing.

OM

If that's Australian dollars then it is only $40,972 US dollars.

Still a bit high

Yes, the conversion is good but, the price does not say AU $, nor US $

Does the signature on the tank make an $15K (US$) bike worth $59K or even $40K? St.

Back