• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Kerrville, Texas - October 23-25, 2020

Hey Good Folks!
Now that it has cooled down a bit here in Tejas, {hey look it's below 100°+}

The cooler weather is calling to me, my GS & my riding leathers. I am really looking forward the first Moto~Adventure of Autumn !

Tejas means 'Friend' from 'Teysha', a word in the Native American Caddo, Hasinai, Atakapa Indian language, which basically means "friends" and/ or "allies".
So Friends / Allies;
I hope y'all can join in the fun at the BMW MOA getaway in the Texas Hill Country!
Check it out & I hope to see you there...
[ https://www.BMWmoA.org/m/event_details.asp?id=1060329 ]

I am so glad I joined BMW MOA!
imagejpeg2.jpg

Miles of Smiles in Texas.
Thank ya kindly
🤠
⚒️Black Smith / Motor Smith ⚙️

Kerrville- Schreiner park across river. Former state park the city operates. We have had the local club rally there a few times.

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Motorcyclists…

Our ride out to Kerrville, TX for the 2020 BMW MOA Weekend Getaway 23-25 October.

Attachments

• 2020 Oct Kerrville Trip Page 1.jpg
    2020 Oct Kerrville Trip Page 1.jpg
    559.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 2020 Oct Kerrville Trip Page 2.jpg
    2020 Oct Kerrville Trip Page 2.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 114
Ah, great memories of being in that room for the final banquet of a pilot convention (the Mooney factory is in Kerrville) in 1985. Noted aviation writer, Gordon Baxter, had us sing "You are my Sunshine", to the weather briefer, while he held an umbrella over his head :)

Air time on the return flight to Calgary the next day was 10 hours.

Last edited:
Ah, great memories of being in that room for the final banquet of a pilot convention (the Mooney factory is in Kerrville) in 1985. .

In 1995 we met a old German couple and son in Fredericksburg. Udo was a private pilot and when he saw I was interested in aircraft he called the Mooney plant to arrange a private tour for the three of us.
He even drove us over :)
It was a interesting tour and I was surprised how much work was done by hand.

1995 Texas_0026 - Copy.jpg

It was a interesting tour and I was surprised how much work was done by hand...

That's been one of the problems over the years; it takes 2 or 300 more hours to build one than it takes to build one of its "competitors".

Nice to see a trip report on a Getaway. Thanks, Deryle. :thumb

Last edited:
Our ride out to Kerrville, TX for the 2020 BMW MOA Weekend Getaway 23-25 October.

The MOA should pay your travel expenses for one or two Getaways each year.
Your reports are great advertising for the events.

Back