• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

South Dakota ????

bullit7801

Can't Grow It?? Mow it!!
cartoon

Hey all,

Contained in the cartoon below is some important information. What you do with it is up to you.
Bill Napoli is the South Dakota Senator that introduced HR1215 discussed above.

tb

Attachments

• napoli.jpg
    napoli.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 117
Bullit 7801 said:
Hey all,

Contained in the cartoon below is some important information. What you do with it is up to you.
Bill Napoli is the South Dakota Senator that introduced HR1215 discussed above.

tb

I wonder if he'd still be sponsoring that bill, if he had to squeeze an eight pound basketball outta his a$$h*le....

Scootertrash said:
I wonder if he'd still be sponsoring that bill, if he had to squeeze an eight pound basketball outta his a$$h*le....

i'm pretty sure his head is blocking that passage... :D

Thanks for the wonderful cartoon. It really made my day. :usa

Chacifer said:
:laugh

Great cartoon. Where did you get that?
RatSnake said:
I don't know where it first appeared, but I first found a link to it on Salon.com . It's hosted on the web here:

http://minimumsecurity.net/toons2006/6034.htm
It was forwarded to me by one of my fellow SD folks. I don't know the original source but RatSnake may have it correct.

Roger Hunt of Brandon, SD introduced the bill in the South Dakota House. Napoli was the main backer in the Senate.

tb

Update

Yesterday was the deadline to file papers to be on the ballot for the upcoming primary elections for the SD house & senate. Here is today's top article in the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:

Abortion ban cited in increased filings
Democrats, especially, see dramatic rise in candidates

TERRY WOSTER
twoster@midco.net

Article Published: 04/5/06, 2:55 am

PIERRE - Six Republican senators will face challenges within their own party, while Democrats filed names for about 90 percent of legislative seats as the deadline passed Tuesday for candidates to make the June 6 ballot.

The hotly debated abortion bill passed by the 2006 Legislature almost certainly prompted some people from both political parties to jump into campaigns for the Legislature, a veteran political science professor says.

"It looks like a volatile election year in some ways, and abortion is a big reason," said Bob Burns of South Dakota State University. "I don't think it's enough to change the political control, but it is influencing decisions."

Full article available here:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060405/NEWS/604050333/1001

One of those being opposed in the primary is Bill Napoli, Republican of Rapid City. Running against him in the primary is one Alice McCoy, Republican of Rapid City.

The petitions are now out and if enough signatures are collected, HR 1215 will be referred to the voters in November. Extremely likely to happen.

tb

Thanks, Bullit, for that update.

I'd hate to think EVERYONE in South Dakota went crazy.

Voni

:banghead

I'm curious...how many posters on here have ever been aborted or wish they had been?

3-15-2006
mcclimans84rt said:
Is this really an appropriate place for this topic of discussion on here? It seems many are quite heated and it seems tempers could easily flare if all were to share what they really felt. I certainly don't feel comfortable or free to share my thoughts!
IMHO
4-6-2006
mcclimans84rt said:
I'm curious...how many posters on here have ever been aborted or wish they had been?
:lurk

Rich is right

Sue-contact any of us in this state on your next trip and you will find out why we are called "North Dakota nice!"

my apology

My intent was not to be mean-spirited about my comment...my point is that probably 99% of us on here love life and are probably glad to be alive in this day and age! We all talk about the latest in helmets and protection of our bodies even our fingers & toes so,I'm pretty sure its safe to say we love life! Who doesnt?? This thread seemingly has become a bashing post of elected officials from SD who have wrestled with this issue.
I'm happy to discuss this..theres no need to send hate mail or misquote me...whoever Re-worded my original post to align with their views feel free to contact me personally before doing so...(its almost like the work of someone who works for the press...take what someone else says and misquote them to fit what they want everyone to hear..classic media stunt!) LoL I'm open to talk...heck...I might be wrong...maybe I'll learn something about my fellow riders! All of us have worth...are not our lives worth living?

"In the history of the world, the true test of a civilization is how well people treat the most vulnerable and most helpless in their society,"
SD Gov Mike Rounds

mcclimans84rt,

Your second post here was by far the better one. Your first post was obviously a non sequiter as an aborted person cannot post as they would not be corporeal would they. The second part of it deals with something like depression / suicide and is also in poor taste. If you have something to say, be open about it. Don't throw some catch phrase out there and expect to be patted on the back for it.

Frankly the edited version that was posted made more sense than did yours. Yours seemed to be an incomplete thought message at best and an attempt to flame at worst. My opinion and I could very well be wrong.

I doubt there is much in the way of the abortion debate that will be anything BUT controversial. That's human nature. Frankly in this day of contraceptives for either gender I don't see there is really much justification for an unplanned pregnancy with consentual sex. I know things can happen but ya know it is far better to engage the brain first then operate the other organs.

As far as I am concerned the best way to avoid an abortion is to not get pregnant. If you cannot take responsibility for your own actions don't get involved. (again this is regarding consentual situations)

On the other hand I am not in agreement with a ban or making it impossible. I rather believe in personal freedom coupled with responsibility and I know there will be times when an abortion is about the only good option. For the majority I don't think that really applies.

Back