• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Getaway - Poconos, Pennsylvania -- July 31 - August 2, 2020

Since it's only 7 weeks or so until the event I am waiting to register with the MOA in view of our refund policy. However I do have a reservation at the hotel and just received an email from them indicating the restrictions currently in place which includes only take away from their dining areas/restaurants. It is unclear what if any restrictions will remain in place by the event date. Current restrictions would make either of the two dinner events questionable. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst. :thumb

Last edited:
Dear MOA,

How about an update? With the recent spikes in SARS-CoV-2 infections it would be nice to know the status of this and other events. Waiting until the last minute doesn't do me or my $200 hotel deposit any good.

Karl,

I agree that an update would be nice as we are only about 3 1/2 weeks away from the event date. My wife and I spoke about this last evening and unless there are some big changes in the overall environment it looks pretty certain that we will not attend due to the spikes in cases nationwide given that there are surely going to be those attending from some of the large group of states with burgeoning infection rates. I am in a couple of the CDC high risk groups and so need to be careful of exposure.

Bit the bullet last night and cancelled my room at the resort. Not going to chance the virus situation as I have an elderly mother I'm regularly in contact with. Too bad as I was really looking forward to being there. Hope it works out for all those who are actually going.

Awesome Event

Ted Moyer and staff outdid themselves with the Getaway in Poconos this past weekend. The facility was beautiful with lots of activities and the rides were well done and enjoyable. Food and service was excellent too. The only downside (not the MOA's fault) was getting stuck behind the RV's in the mountain curves. My wife and I are already planning on attending again in 2021------without masks!!

That's excellent news. So glad you all had a good weekend. I was very sad to have to miss it but given the current state of affairs with COVID-19 and family requirements for safety it was necessary. Looking forward to next year and being able to attend without any of the current health concerns.........

Back