Thread: MOA Getaway - Coeur d' Alene, Idaho -- August 28 - 30, 2020

MOA Getaway - Coeur d' Alene, Idaho -- August 28 - 30, 2020

Visit this link to find out more about the Idaho Getaway:

https://www.bmwmoa.org/event/coeur2020
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

You might want to post Eureka Springs Getaway in place of a duplicate Coeur d' Alene listing.
    Chuck Manley
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '17 R12GSA (Outlaw Spirit)

Thanks...lot of cut-n-pasting going on...mistakes usually happen!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Attending CDA Getwaway

Attending CDA getaway, look forward to it!

Really???

I've attended several of these Coeur d' Alene getaways in the past and have thoroughly enjoyed them. I'd love to come over and do a loop up the St Joe River, maybe link up to Wallace on the IBDR or take the St Joe road over to Montana. There's a bear in the room though.

What are the Covid precautions you're taking this year? According to your website, none!

Idaho is in stage 4, still wanting 6 foot distancing and the wearing of masks indoors and when 6 foot isn't possible. Don't see that on your website. How about the lake cruise? Lot of fun last year, but that boat's pretty crowded, especially round the buffet table. And a buffet? Verboten most places still.

I'm sure the hotel is plenty safe and I'll bet the staff is working hard to keep it that way. But what are you doing about that big group meal? 6 feet apart?

In the few postings I've seen, Seattle and San Antonio are both represented. Both are hot spots for the disease. I'm from Kitsap County Washington, and we've had a large increase in cases and hospitalizations here too.

Kootenai County is pretty clean, with 1764 cases and "only" 15 deaths. But neighboring Spokane County over in Washington has had 79 deaths, 4350 cases (53 active today) and currently 45 in their hospitals.

Idaho is lightly populated with a correspondingly small health infrastructure. I can see it now . . . . 200 BMW riders show up from all over the West-and some from back East and the South where the disease is really taking off. They bring the disease in with them and become a "super spreader" event in Northern Idaho.

So tell me again, what precautions are you taking to keep both us and our hosts healthy?
    ďA skittish motor-bike with a touch of blood in it is better than all the riding animals on earth, because of its logical extension of our faculties, and the hint, the provocation, to excess conferred by its honeyed untiring smoothness.Ē T.E. Lawrence

I should add, lest y'all think I'm just another old Covid-coward, that even though my County has been held in a modified Stage 3, we've been able to teach MSF classes. I'm a mentor instructor and I've sure been teaching my share. Classroom-always masked, single tables 6' apart, no close group work. Sanitize tables, clipboards, pens, door knobs, etc routinely. Range-distancing as much as possible, masks on or chin bar down when distancing is not possible.

I'm not afraid of the disease, but I respect it and play by the rules-at least as best we know them.

I sure hope MOA respects it and play be the rules too. If you do, I might be able to show up. If not, well then-no.
    ďA skittish motor-bike with a touch of blood in it is better than all the riding animals on earth, because of its logical extension of our faculties, and the hint, the provocation, to excess conferred by its honeyed untiring smoothness.Ē T.E. Lawrence

I am NOT an official spokes person for the Coeur d'Alene Getaway, but I did speak with the organizer and precautions are being taken. Registration is about 50 or a bit above and is now capped. This is half or less than half of a normal Getaway attendance. The boat tour dinner will have only four people at an eight person table. For the buffet, as I remember, your plate will be moved down the line for you and the servers will place food on your plate which you will pickup at the end. There are efforts to move more things outside and/or to use larger rooms to allow for social distancing. I may have some of these details a bit off, and there are likely other things being done, but I was very pleased with what I heard.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Thanks for the update Greg. Iíll be glad when our numbers are normal again.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

I Hope That Your Information Is Correct

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    I am NOT an official spokes person for the Coeur d'Alene Getaway, but I did speak with the organizer and precautions are being taken. Registration is about 50 or a bit above and is now capped. This is half or less than half of a normal Getaway attendance. The boat tour dinner will have only four people at an eight person table. For the buffet, as I remember, your plate will be moved down the line for you and the servers will place food on your plate which you will pickup at the end. There are efforts to move more things outside and/or to use larger rooms to allow for social distancing. I may have some of these details a bit off, and there are likely other things being done, but I was very pleased with what I heard.
    Iím a new member of the BMWMOA. My wife and I are attending the Getaway at Coeur dí Alene later this month. We hope that it will be enjoyable and that some Covid precautions will be in place.
    For 13 years I rode an 03 K1200GT. We rode to many Curves Cowboy Reunions and totally enjoyed the people we met at these events. Now Iím riding the last of the air cooled R1200RTís (2013). We find it more comfortable for the long rides. I expect there will be other RT riders at this Getaway. To those attending hi in advance. Iím Elliot and my wife and riding partner is Andy. We ride out of Sacramento California.

Quote Originally Posted by elliotandy View Post
    Iím a new member of the BMWMOA. My wife and I are attending the Getaway at Coeur dí Alene later this month. We hope that it will be enjoyable and that some Covid precautions will be in place.
    For 13 years I rode an 03 K1200GT. We rode to many Curves Cowboy Reunions and totally enjoyed the people we met at these events. Now Iím riding the last of the air cooled R1200RTís (2013). We find it more comfortable for the long rides. I expect there will be other RT riders at this Getaway. To those attending hi in advance. Iím Elliot and my wife and riding partner is Andy. We ride out of Sacramento California.
    Welcome to the MOA. We used to own a couple 03 K1200RSs.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

My son and I are planning on coming to CDL but will be camping at the Wolf Lodge Campground about 10 miles away at night. We are from Walla Walla, WA. 09 F650GS and DR650 . Looking forward to it, Rob and Ricky

Anyone have pictures of this year's MOA Getaway events?