• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Getaway - Coeur d' Alene, Idaho -- August 28 - 30, 2020

Really???

I've attended several of these Coeur d' Alene getaways in the past and have thoroughly enjoyed them. I'd love to come over and do a loop up the St Joe River, maybe link up to Wallace on the IBDR or take the St Joe road over to Montana. There's a bear in the room though.

What are the Covid precautions you're taking this year? According to your website, none!

Idaho is in stage 4, still wanting 6 foot distancing and the wearing of masks indoors and when 6 foot isn't possible. Don't see that on your website. How about the lake cruise? Lot of fun last year, but that boat's pretty crowded, especially round the buffet table. And a buffet? Verboten most places still.

I'm sure the hotel is plenty safe and I'll bet the staff is working hard to keep it that way. But what are you doing about that big group meal? 6 feet apart?

In the few postings I've seen, Seattle and San Antonio are both represented. Both are hot spots for the disease. I'm from Kitsap County Washington, and we've had a large increase in cases and hospitalizations here too.

Kootenai County is pretty clean, with 1764 cases and "only" 15 deaths. But neighboring Spokane County over in Washington has had 79 deaths, 4350 cases (53 active today) and currently 45 in their hospitals.

Idaho is lightly populated with a correspondingly small health infrastructure. I can see it now . . . . 200 BMW riders show up from all over the West-and some from back East and the South where the disease is really taking off. They bring the disease in with them and become a "super spreader" event in Northern Idaho.

So tell me again, what precautions are you taking to keep both us and our hosts healthy?

I should add, lest y'all think I'm just another old Covid-coward, that even though my County has been held in a modified Stage 3, we've been able to teach MSF classes. I'm a mentor instructor and I've sure been teaching my share. Classroom-always masked, single tables 6' apart, no close group work. Sanitize tables, clipboards, pens, door knobs, etc routinely. Range-distancing as much as possible, masks on or chin bar down when distancing is not possible.

I'm not afraid of the disease, but I respect it and play by the rules-at least as best we know them.

I sure hope MOA respects it and play be the rules too. If you do, I might be able to show up. If not, well then-no.

I am NOT an official spokes person for the Coeur d'Alene Getaway, but I did speak with the organizer and precautions are being taken. Registration is about 50 or a bit above and is now capped. This is half or less than half of a normal Getaway attendance. The boat tour dinner will have only four people at an eight person table. For the buffet, as I remember, your plate will be moved down the line for you and the servers will place food on your plate which you will pickup at the end. There are efforts to move more things outside and/or to use larger rooms to allow for social distancing. I may have some of these details a bit off, and there are likely other things being done, but I was very pleased with what I heard.

I Hope That Your Information Is Correct

I am NOT an official spokes person for the Coeur d'Alene Getaway, but I did speak with the organizer and precautions are being taken. Registration is about 50 or a bit above and is now capped. This is half or less than half of a normal Getaway attendance. The boat tour dinner will have only four people at an eight person table. For the buffet, as I remember, your plate will be moved down the line for you and the servers will place food on your plate which you will pickup at the end. There are efforts to move more things outside and/or to use larger rooms to allow for social distancing. I may have some of these details a bit off, and there are likely other things being done, but I was very pleased with what I heard.

I’m a new member of the BMWMOA. My wife and I are attending the Getaway at Coeur d’ Alene later this month. We hope that it will be enjoyable and that some Covid precautions will be in place.
For 13 years I rode an 03 K1200GT. We rode to many Curves Cowboy Reunions and totally enjoyed the people we met at these events. Now I’m riding the last of the air cooled R1200RT’s (2013). We find it more comfortable for the long rides. I expect there will be other RT riders at this Getaway. To those attending hi in advance. I’m Elliot and my wife and riding partner is Andy. We ride out of Sacramento California.

I’m a new member of the BMWMOA. My wife and I are attending the Getaway at Coeur d’ Alene later this month. We hope that it will be enjoyable and that some Covid precautions will be in place.
For 13 years I rode an 03 K1200GT. We rode to many Curves Cowboy Reunions and totally enjoyed the people we met at these events. Now I’m riding the last of the air cooled R1200RT’s (2013). We find it more comfortable for the long rides. I expect there will be other RT riders at this Getaway. To those attending hi in advance. I’m Elliot and my wife and riding partner is Andy. We ride out of Sacramento California.

Welcome to the MOA. We used to own a couple 03 K1200RSs.

My son and I are planning on coming to CDL but will be camping at the Wolf Lodge Campground about 10 miles away at night. We are from Walla Walla, WA. 09 F650GS and DR650 . Looking forward to it, Rob and Ricky

Back