Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fit-for-all communication system.

Fit-for-all communication system.

A friend is looking into this comm system as a way to talk with me on our rides. The Mrs and I have the BMW comm system in our Schubertís helmets as we ride two up - we are pleased with the performance to date.

If you have any insight, experience, or comments, I would appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbs View Post
    A friend is looking into this comm system as a way to talk with me on our rides. The Mrs and I have the BMW comm system in our Schubertís helmets as we ride two up - we are pleased with the performance to date.

If you have any insight, experience, or comments, I would appreciate your input.
    There are a number of YouTube videos that can help in evaluating what the market offers.

I went to the local BMW dealer recently where no one had ANY ideas about the BMW comm system. I was told they donít even sell them. Disappointing.

Based on years of use I would recommend Sena communication systems. I currently use the 20s EVO model which has universal intercom capabilities, which means it can communicate with other brands.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Thanks, AZGMAN. Iíll look into it.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    You can find many threads on Sena comm systems using the "Tag Cloud"-

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...Tag-Cloud-quot

Good luck.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

The Fit-for-All communication system sure does look similar to the Sena SMH10R comm system. It also looks like the price for the two systems are within a few dollars of each other as well. I haven't looked at the specs for either system but if they are identical, then you probably can look up the reviews for the Sena product to get a good understanding of whether it suits your needs.

Cardo.
    '13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRTrider View Post
    The Fit-for-All communication system sure does look similar to the Sena SMH10R comm system. It also looks like the price for the two systems are within a few dollars of each other as well. I haven't looked at the specs for either system but if they are identical, then you probably can look up the reviews for the Sena product to get a good understanding of whether it suits your needs.
    They are the same.
    2009 K1300 GT
    1984 Kawasaki ZX750-E1 Turbo
    1990 Kawasaki ZX600R
    2005 R1200 RT - gone

Sean or Cardo

My wife and I have put about 45,000 miles on our bikes together. We have used both Sena's and Cardo's. I like the Cardos now as they can respond to your voice commands without touching the base. Just say "Hey Cardo!"
    CW
    '06 F650GS Dakar, 2016 K1600GT
    See you on down the road!

Quote Originally Posted by wkuwiz View Post
    My wife and I have put about 45,000 miles on our bikes together. We have used both Sena's and Cardo's. I like the Cardos now as they can respond to your voice commands without touching the base. Just say "Hey Cardo!"
    Sena's respond to VOX commands also.
    2009 K1300 GT
    1984 Kawasaki ZX750-E1 Turbo
    1990 Kawasaki ZX600R
    2005 R1200 RT - gone

Cardo and Sena both get better and better. Right now, Cardo seems to have the edge.

The helmet integrated systems are all based on lower end models, most on the Sena 10 series. You can get way better performance by going external.
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

The best advice I got when shopping for a new comm device, get the same brand and if possible, same model that your riding buddies have.
    Universal pairing is available but nothing like the advanced features these devices have.
    Pat

Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

Dress for fall & avoid it AlanColes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    The best advice I got when shopping for a new comm device, get the same brand and if possible, same model that your riding buddies have.
    Universal pairing is available but nothing like the advanced features these devices have.
    +1

As was stated above, both systems respond to voice commands and each are very capable.

Like most everything else, you will get people saying system A is better than system B and vice versa (sp) as well as a few that will say "I used system A, switched to system B and couldn't be happier".

Unfortunately, my experience has been that many, many people have trouble setting up *things* properly and I have seen many examples of people failing to follow directions and blaming the products.

As for is there one any better than the other? I think they're very close to each other, but as stated, check to see what systems the majority of your riding friends are using and that is really the best direction for you to go.

My only concern with Cardo (several previous concerns have been fixed), is that they have been dropped by virtually all of their wholesale markets who have switched to Sena. With Shuberth, Shoei, HJC, etc., having switched from using Cardo systems to now using Sena systems or now implementing Sena systems where they didn't have any systems previously raises questions in my mind. These companies, especially the top-tier ones whose helmets are $600-$700+ have almost certainly done a lot of testing and comparison using engineering assets that I don't have access to and unanimously moved in the same direction. I think it would be wise to consider that in one's deliberations.
    Regards, Alan - President BMWONS - BMWMOA/BMWRA/BMWONS/Airheads
    Current: 2019 R1250RT / '06 Ducati ST3s / '91 R100GS / '86 R80RT / '75 R90S / '73 850 & '70 750 Commando Prev: '14 R1200RT / '04 R1150RT / '81 Honda GL1100 / '77 Suzuki GS750 / '73 Norton 850 Commando

I think it's also very likely that those helmet manufacturers got paid a LOT of money to do just that. I have one of those helmets and just bought a Cardo rather than the Sena system that fits it. Why? Because of the number of complaints and the very strong recommendation by the retailer who echoed those same complaints. Now look, I'm a comm nobody. Never had one until a month ago. But based on my research I chose the one that seemed to be more highly regarded. YMMV.
    '13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition