• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Larger windshield

motodan

Who has a simply bolt on larger windshield for the F850GSA? I know Wunderlich does, but $329.00 is a little high for 4" more plastic. The BMW Touring shield come standard on the GSA...it's 14.5 inches tall. Who has something in the 18" - 20" range, with holes that line up to the adjustable GSA bracket assembly holes.

Who has a simply bolt on larger windshield for the F850GSA? I know Wunderlich does, but $329.00 is a little high for 4" more plastic. The BMW Touring shield come standard on the GSA...it's 14.5 inches tall. Who has something in the 18" - 20" range, with holes that line up to the adjustable GSA bracket assembly holes.

I believe the polycarbonate V-Stream by National Cycle is a direct fit:

https://www.nationalcycle.com/catalog/category/view/id/6582

There are a few options available depending on what you like. The GSA mounting is the same pattern as the base 850GS son any windshield will fit either model. A few I know of are: Madstad, WRS, Cal-sci, Wunderlich, and V-Stream. Probably others too.

I had a CeeBaileys tall touring screen on my F800GS and replaced it with the tallest V-Stream. I've done two long tours (mix of road and off-road) and found the Vstream to work well and is available in shorter lengths.

Puig 20"

Bought a 20" clear screen made by Puig for $12x.xx from Revzilla. Includes metal support brackets powdercoated black and black mounting allen bolts and caps. Very impressed at this price point on quality and brackets were included. Check em out.

I just got a new screen from Gustaffson for my R1100S, very nice product and excellent customer service. Pricing was decent.

I am 6'4" and replaced my stock screen with the Wunderlich Marathon

I was having a real problem with a helmet screen covered with bugs as the airflow was hitting me square in the chin. That 4 inches made all the difference. It fits perfectly and the air management is a major improvement. Looks good too.0321201413.jpg

bigger windshield

I bought a Gustafsson at the BMWNEF Rally last Jan for my F850GSA. I specified the sizing and we measured it up at the rally as the bike was there. US$249 and $49 off at the rally so $200 and minimal shipping. Very happy with the product. The Wunderlich is a nice windshield but the Gustafsson is made to order so you can get a different shape, wider, taller, whatever you want.

Gustafsson Plastics
904-824-3443

Zach was knowledgeable and took care of me at the rally and throughout the transaction. They're located in St. Augustine, Florida

The pic below is when I picked up my F850GSA and has the larger OEM windshield. I'm the proud owner of 4 or 5 BMW windshields I've replaced with larger ones, a sport shield for my RT, and 2 windshields for the GS's

Scotty
Blue_rightFront.jpg

I just replaced the stock windscreen on a F 850gs with a Madstad. Being able to adjust the windscreen has made big difference to dial it in for your riding style. After comparing the Madstad with other windscreens that a fixed it was only few $$ more for the convenience to have an adjustable wind screen.

I got one for my 750 GS from Parabellum in Dahlonega, GA and like it very much. They had 2 or 3 different heights and a simple bolt on.

Back