• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dam Rat...Nav replacment

motor4

924CBB2C-6D2D-41D0-9607-4FDF14C4F238.jpegWell guess a Rat had a nice rubber snack at my expense.

Anyone have suggestions for a replacement that will fit my 05 bmw r1200rt? Not certain I want to buy a new nav VI just yet and missed their 20% off sale recently as well. Just found out about this issue today when at the bike shop getting service. My own fault it seems, happens when you leave a bike in a garage a long time plus leave a dryer vent hose open to the outside when moving a dryer around. Woke up early today then tossed a Bmw tank bag on the tank that hide most of the nav lol.

Uncertain anyone has a dead unit they could send me and I then try to change out the outer shell casing. It is so old uncertain it would be worth the effort. I do though like having a bmw one attached to the bike connector plate plus powered by the bike.

2D4BE400-95B7-4561-8320-4DF07CB7C651.jpeg

Attachments

• 0C06EA97-63A8-4F80-A6C4-D0F942D8CBE5.jpeg
    0C06EA97-63A8-4F80-A6C4-D0F942D8CBE5.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 275
View attachment 76535Well guess a Rat had a nice rubber snack at my expense.

Anyone have suggestions for a replacement that will fit my 05 bmw r1200rt? Not certain I want to buy a new nav VI just yet and missed their 20% off sale recently as well. Just found out about this issue today when at the bike shop getting service. My own fault it seems, happens when you leave a bike in a garage a long time plus leave a dryer vent hose open to the outside when moving a dryer around. Woke up early today then tossed a Bmw tank bag on the tank that hide most of the nav lol.

Uncertain anyone has a dead unit they could send me and I then try to change out the outer shell casing. It is so old uncertain it would be worth the effort. I do though like having a bmw one attached to the bike connector plate plus powered by the bike.

View attachment 76533
If the wiring is undamaged........epoxy a plug in place.

If the wiring is undamaged........epoxy a plug in place.
That can work. Seems that was an ‘off’ button as one can take a pin and press a button toggle within to turn it off. Will also check the ads for used navs.

Years ago I had a Zumo 550 on/off button fall off, Garmin was great they replaced at no charge. I'd call them to see what they can do for you.

Sometimes you cannot win it seems. Less then 24 hours after my service the fuel strip dies. Beyond the 2 year time period when last replaced after being replaced with bmw one time 10 year grace period. Kiss another $400 plus good bye.

Me thinks I should have sold the back last year...

Sometimes you cannot win it seems. Less then 24 hours after my service the fuel strip dies. Beyond the 2 year time period when last replaced after being replaced with bmw one time 10 year grace period. Kiss another $400 plus good bye.

Don’t worry about it.......Use your trip odometer........you will be fine.
OM

Search the Hexhead/Camhead forum for the process to zap it with a lighter. That has worked for lots of people and will cost you more like $10. Its worth a shot.

I've also seen posts where palmdr will install new maps cheaper than the owner of the zumo 550 can while it's in for repairs.

Don’t worry about it.......Use your trip odometer........you will be fine.
OM

My first three VW Beetles as a teenager did not have a gas gauge or a trip odometer; just a handle to pull for the reserve tank. Only time I ever ran out of gas completely was just as I pulled up in front of the pump. The fill-up ate an entire five dollar bill. :)

thanks registered on the site and said i was interested. don’t think it connects to my 05 gps mount and uncertain if bmw makes an adapter for it to connect to my 05 mount

thanks registered on the site and said i was interested. don’t think it connects to my 05 gps mount and uncertain if bmw makes an adapter for it to connect to my 05 mount

The Nav V takes a BMW 4 button cradle that fits the Nav IV, Nav and Nav VI.
List price is $190.
Pretty sure the Zumo 660 cradle will also work if you can find one.

Ready to toss in the towel and get a left over 2018 r1250rt with bmw 3.9 @ 60 months. My retirement ride even though I may not retire until this coming April. Would then have to see the bmw on craigslist after purchase. Out of State purchase so not an option to do a bike trade in for one I am looking at.

The Nav V will fit the 2018 RT mount, or you could try to get the dealer to throw in a free Nav VI as part of the bike purchase.

Back