• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1600GT O2 Sensor Connector Location

roger 04 rt

A friend of mine just bought a 2019 K1600GT. I'd like to help him with some projects he's got in mind. One of which is to try a pair of AF-XIEDs. I've got little experience with this model and I'm wondering where the O2 sensor connectors plug in, and how best to access them. It appears they're under the tank but I'm hoping they can be accessed from the side. Any insight would be appreciated.

@Roger 04 RT

BMW-Motorrad
(-) Securing left oxygen sensor
Route cable (1) for the oxygen sensor between engine (2) and gearbox (3) and secure it.
Route cable (1) for the oxygen sensor and secure it in holder (2).

Appears to plug in behind frame spar by left knee position.

BMW-Motorrad
(-) Securing right oxygen sensor
Route cable (1) behind coolant pump (3).
Route cable (1) for the oxygen sensor and secure it in holders (2).
Route cable (1) for the oxygen sensor and secure it in holders (2).
Doesn’t show plug location.

@d martin

Thank you. That’s a great help. Another reply suggest that the tank probably doesn’t need to be removed.

Hey Roger,

I would be interested in some follow up as I am considering adding af-xied to my GT as well. I have one on each of my 01 GS's. location of connections and how it changed the performance. if you can would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

I placed this post on the K1600 forum as well. installed the af-xied on my 16 K16gt last night. pulled plastic panels as if doing air filter change but stop at just the side panels. no need to pull the center piece. the o2 connectors are obviously displayed and fastened just about knee level. plugged in new harness and routed it just under the front seat mounting piece. used Velcro to secure the af-xied controllers just past battery and metal cross brace to top of inner fender. about an hour start to finish. after looking at it didn't think pics would be necessary.

Did download any operating data prior and post to the install that could be analyzed and graphed as Roger hasn’t done in the past?

Back