• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bikers caught on camera riding 180 mph on public road

akbeemer

SURVIVOR

Three U.K. bikers were jailed for riding 180 mph on a public road, the video evidence was from their own helmet-mounted GoPro.

Three motorcycle riders have been sentenced to jail after getting caught on video doing 180 mph on a public road in England. And it was one of their own cameras that did them in. Sussex Police investigating reports of dangerous driving and an accident confiscated the footage from a helmet-mounted GoPro that was worn by one of the bikers. The video shows the trio hitting 180 mph in a 70 mph zone, pulling wheelies while speeding and crossing double lines as they weave through traffic. They were reportedly part of a larger convoy of motorcycles passing through the area.

One of the investigators said at trial that it was "some of the fastest and most dangerous motorcycling I have ever come across," according to SWNS.

All three pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, had their licenses revoked for at least two years and were handed prison sentences ranging from four to 29 months.

Three U.K. bikers were jailed for riding 180 mph on a public road, the video evidence was from their own helmet-mounted GoPro.

Three motorcycle riders have been sentenced to jail after getting caught on video doing 180 mph on a public road in England. And it was one of their own cameras that did them in. Sussex Police investigating reports of dangerous driving and an accident confiscated the footage from a helmet-mounted GoPro that was worn by one of the bikers. The video shows the trio hitting 180 mph in a 70 mph zone, pulling wheelies while speeding and crossing double lines as they weave through traffic. They were reportedly part of a larger convoy of motorcycles passing through the area.

One of the investigators said at trial that it was "some of the fastest and most dangerous motorcycling I have ever come across," according to SWNS.

All three pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, had their licenses revoked for at least two years and were handed prison sentences ranging from four to 29 months.

Now we know the meaning of the term "felony speeding" I think. :scratch

I'll never understand the ego of those who record their own lawlessness. Boston politician once said, “Never write if you can speak; never speak if you can nod; never nod if you can wink”. I'm glad they threw the book at them, far to little of that level of justice seems to happen here with similar behavior.

I'm just sitting here wondering how many people will read this and say they deserve prison time and yet, at the same time, read about the recent 25 hours coast to coast run and think those people accomplished something. Confiscate the bikes? OK, and give them a huge fine but prison time is a bit over the top. Unless, of course, two guys in a Mercedes get the same.
Different countries I know, and some will argue the Mercedes was going 193 safely. Sure they were. Sorry, what was I thinking. :scratch

I hope they were running nitrogen in their tires to maintain good tire control for safe riding at 180 mph.:dunno

I'll never understand the ego of those who record their own lawlessness. Boston politician once said, “Never write if you can speak; never speak if you can nod; never nod if you can wink”. I'm glad they threw the book at them, far to little of that level of justice seems to happen here with similar behavior.

Prisons are full of guys who talked their way in.

Back