Thread: Russell Sport Seat on a Camhead

Russell Sport Seat on a Camhead

Before you say it, I searched...

Does anyone on here have a picture of a Russell Sport seat on their Hex/Camhead? I have a short inseam and would like to see what others with SLS (Short Leg Syndrome) and Russell's (Day-Long or Sport) think of comfort and ground reach.

I bought a seat earlier in the year from another builder but, though CS is outstanding, ultimately it didn't work out for me so I'm going to just bite the bullet and get a Russell but would like some feedback other SLS riders first if I can.

Thanks in advance...

PS - is there was way to force the search box to return hits with all words rather than any? Do a search on Russell Sport and you'll get 5,000 hits with the word "Sport" in them. Makes it impossible to narrow results to something useful.

PPS - Now that I posted this I see a bunch of threads in the "similar threads" box!
    '13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Use the google site search tool outlined here with AND to include all words perhaps
    https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...-the-MOA-Forum

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    Use the google site search tool outlined here with AND to include all words perhaps
    https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...-the-MOA-Forum
    Excellent hint. Thanks!

I went ahead and ordered a Russell Sport seat and scored a Jan. 23rd build date. I was surprised it was that soon as I figured it would be many months. I'll post some detailed pics before and after just in case someday someone has the same question as mine. In reading through some of the related threads I was reminded that I posted several times about my previous interaction with Russell.

I called them soon after I bought my RT (April '18) and talked to a woman who was very dismissive when I gave her my dimensions, never even mentioned the Sports seat as an option. She wasn't rude, just not at all helpful. So, that was that and I ended up trying something else. I was very down on them as a result of this interaction as evidenced in the tone of my responses. This time I've been working with Jay and he has been a great help. I realize any seat is a risk so in the end even the Russell might not work out, but at least Jay was genuinely helpful about it.