• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Front Tires 1250 GS

Looks just like my 2016 gs Michelin Annakee 3s not impressed at all!! slip on hot or wet tar snakes, scarry!! A handful on gravel, and showing lots od side wear at 5100 miles. Dunlop or Contis next time.

LOL ... I just replaced my Annakee 3's with Road 5 Trails but got nearly 8,000 miles out of the Annakees and honestly would buy them again especially since they are $100+ less per set than the Road 5 Trails. Hoping these Road 5 Trails are worth the extra cost. So far I like them.

I own a 1250 GS, and after 5,000 miles have had to have my front tire (Bridgestone Battleax Adventure) replaced by the dealership. The rear tire is still in good shape. The dealer told me that is what they have been seeing the front tires last on the new 1250's. Anyone have any idea why the front tire wares faster than the rear. I always thought it would be just the opposite. I check my tire pressures before each ride, and the bike has no alignment or balance issues.

My 2020 GSA needs a front tire at 6k miles. Also a Bridgestone Battlax. These tires are complete junk. The first time in 12 years I have had to change a front tire before the rear. Sad

Same issue on mine - 2019 R1250

I have about 5600 miles and they need replaced on the front. I ordered Dunlop Trailmax Mission - but haven't gotten around to attempting to mount them yet.

Tires for BMW GS's

If you are looking for mileage try Heideneau Scout TK60's. These tires preform very well in street and dirt and you will get great mileage. Some people complain about wet road performance but so far I have not had any issues with that. I now have a 2020 R1250 GSA and will change to those when the factory tires are toast. I used them almost exclusively on my 2015 R1200GSA. When new the front can be a little lumpy at parking lot speeds, but goes away after a few thousand kms. If you install your own tires let them sit outside in the sun for a while before installation, they are pretty stiff tires. I use a NoMar and have no problems with installation but my dealer says if really cold they will stall his electric tire machine.

Michelin Adventure fan on GS. Pilot Road fan on K100RS w wide rear rim, LTX, Pilot

Here's a picture of my front Michelin Adventure after 12,500 miles and still good. The center superficial rub is from spinning it on the center stand to check the pressure.

Tip from Iron Butt guy I trust a lot: Run the front pressure up at 38, 39, or 40 and you won't get the cupping that started to show a little but has gone since his advice and a thousand or so miles.

Changed my rear Adventure earlier at 10,000 mi.

Planning to start trip in June to the 2021 MOA Rally with a new pair of Adventures.

While leaning you can feel and hear more (I'll call it subtle noise) than the Pilot Roads from the front. It feels like the pavement is less than perfect, it is just a sign that the tires work well on dirt roads as well.

Attachments

• 064998DD-965D-433B-9A34-445F54912E20.jpg
    064998DD-965D-433B-9A34-445F54912E20.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 152
Here's a picture of my front Michelin Adventure after 12,500 miles and still good. The center superficial rub is from spinning it on the center stand to check the pressure.

Tip from Iron Butt guy I trust a lot: Run the front pressure up at 38, 39, or 40 and you won't get the cupping that started to show a little but has gone since his advice and a thousand or so miles.

Changed my rear Adventure earlier at 10,000 mi.

Planning to start trip in June to the 2021 MOA Rally with a new pair of Adventures.

While leaning you can feel and hear more (I'll call it subtle noise) than the Pilot Roads from the front. It feels like the pavement is less than perfect, it is just a sign that the tires work well on dirt roads as well.

WOW ... I dream of getting 10-12,000 miles out of tires. I am a 100% paved road guy. Just swapped my OEM Michelin Anakee 3's at about 7500 miles for a set of Road 5 Trails. Hoping to see better mileage but if not I may just go back to Anakee's and heck maybe the Adventures. I would have assumed the Adventures with the more aggressive tread would get poorer tire life but maybe not the case.

My front wore much faster than the rear, faster than on any other bike I've had vs rear. Lesson learned for me to be much more aware how fast it goes. Final 200 Mike ride went from some tread showing to this and your can see the rear. These are under 5,600 miles.
fe11acdc8b6be9845b4a1c12a24598e3.jpg
dbcf7951d3f8e87570991f44bd9a3b5b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I had a similar experience on my R1250R. Needed a new front at 4k as it had flat spotted significantly and the rear was still good.

My bike is the 2020 1250GS, I live in Western North Carolina and have for all of my just over 37,000 miles rode in Dynamite Pro mode. I love the hills and curves where I live and do ride aggressively. My bike came with the Anakee Adventure tires I love the feel, the grip but while I got 5,000 miles out of the first set, both front & rear, I only get 3,800 on a set now. I watch my tire pressure’s 36/42. I guess I’ve considered that the road surface my bike settings and my aggressive riding contribute to my tire mileage. With Covid and all I’ve not been on any real trips as with previous bikes Yamaha Tenere I always got much better mileage on trips.
I’ve been reading on the bikes modes and may try using other modes… we will see.
Brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back