• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycle Lift

Saw this on Menards sale flyer any one have any experience with

6AE46674-93C6-4431-AEE0-62A9FA10A9C9.png

Looks just like the Harbor Freight cycle lift. I would bet it is the same model, rebadged for Menards.

Most guys like them, but I have issues putting a $20K-$30K motorcycle on one.

Yes, looks like a HF lift. If it is the same, then the price is reasonable and it will get the job done.

Lift

Purchased one have 2 friends who make the HF lift work. I have about $2000 max bikes so if bike falls off not so painful unless bike falls on me. With the 5 or 10 ton traveling bridge hoist in my shop I think I can rig up safety straps so bike can’t fall on me. Last I think it will be easier to get help to get thing loaded at menards than HF. ( my WAG )

I have two of these and have never had an issue with either of them. I use them individually or in tandem for my hacks. Not sure about loading at Menards vs HF but I've loaded/unloaded them by myself into my F150 no problem. Good to know there's another source.

Last I think it will be easier to get help to get thing loaded at menards than HF. ( my WAG )

Interestingly enough, I have heard of getting help loading or an extra charge to help loading at HF. :dunno

Probably best to bring help.

OM

Interestingly enough, I have heard of getting help loading or an extra charge to help loading at HF. :dunno

Probably best to bring help.

OM

I would hope so. It took three of use with my Handy lift and that was before I added the 8 inch side extensions.

I can move my Handy by myself by rolling it around; would take three more of me to lift it. I have an Atlas hydraulic lift for the Ural. It took a ceiling mounted chain hoist to get it off the pallet and three men to roll it around.

Lift help

Reason for help1B493282-1A8D-43B8-8948-76C0697789C0.jpg

I will have some sort of cast until February
I like hi-viz gear on motorcycle also

I can not imagine that Harbor Freight or Menards wouldn't have a forklift handy to scoot it into a pickup.

I can not imagine that Harbor Freight or Menards wouldn't have a forklift handy to scoot it into a pickup.

HF wanted $25 for loading assistance when a friend of mine bought a lift. He is a big boy and his wife was with him. He stood it on end and his wife backed the truck up to the lift. He rested the lift on the tailgate and pushed it in.
OM

I cannot imagine our HF asking for payment for help loading something they just sold, but then this is Montana, not Massachusetts.

I cannot imagine our HF asking for payment for help loading something they just sold, but then this is Montana, not Massachusetts.

Seems like things get weirder and more difficult to understand the closer you get to the coasts :fart
OM

Likewise! I bought a tool chest combo at my local HF and they happily forklifted both pieces into my pickup at no charge.

I’m not sure the difference is so much coastal as it is just the difference in managers. I have two FLAPS available close to me, across the street from each other. I always hit O’reillys first—their staff is super helpful, especially the female employees as they really know their stuff and approach things from the standpoint of helping me solve a problem. The all-male Autozone crew pretty much hangs out at the counter waiting to take orders and ring up sales. The two stores have the same labor pool available but very different management.

Best,
DeVern

Wife Annie was born and raised in Boston, I was born in Monterey California and I misspent my adolescence in Virginia Beach. I am quite familiar with costal weirdness.

Last edited:
I'm planning to put a couple of lifts in my 30'x40' shed when I build it. They will probably be Princess Auto which are probably the same as the HF ones. I know a few people using them without issue.

Back