• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Gs-911

My yellow GS911 is at Teds shop for the trade in $100 rebate for the red WiFi. I'll call tomorrow to see if I can get the sale price with the trade in. If not I'll have him ship my yellow one back with my new red one.

Ordered from Ted's Beemershop

Even with the USD --> CDN exchange and shipping, the 30% discount makes it way cheaper than buying in Canada. Thanks for the heads up!
==Grizzler

My yellow GS911 is at Teds shop for the trade in $100 rebate for the red WiFi. I'll call tomorrow to see if I can get the sale price with the trade in. If not I'll have him ship my yellow one back with my new red one.

I'm looking at that too hoping I can combine the offers. If not I too will just keep the old one and get the new wifi with the new style OBD II connector for my F850GSA. I would need to add the cable for my two older bikes, so if it's one or the other offer, it'll be a better deal to just buy the new one at the sale price.

I talked to Ted today I'll end up with two GS911's my old one and a new one. If you left a voice message yesterday at Beemershop Monday 12/2 he might not have received it. Call him back.

I got a reply today stating they could not combine the deals. The sale price made it cheaper to buy the new one and keep the old one as well so, I've placed my order. :thumb

I got a reply today stating they could not combine the deals. The sale price made it cheaper to buy the new one and keep the old one as well so, I've placed my order. :thumb

It's easy to sell a yellow GS911 for $200.

It's easy to sell a yellow GS911 for $200.

I'll still use it for our two older bikes. I will sell it when the last one leaves the stable or let it go with the bike. No plans to retire either one yet so the tool will still be used. I could buy the adapter cable, but this way is easier since I have it.

I just tried to order one and the prices are back up to $399.00. I thought the sale went until Dec 9th?
Called but and e-mailed but no one has gotten back to me.
Is there a code I need to get the sale deal?

I did not need a code, the sale price was automatic on the site. Pretty sure it said it was on until the 8th or 9th too. Maybe they sold out?

why upgrade?? inquiring minds need to know

I have the USB/Bluetooth 911. I don't own anything newer than 2011 GS (along with 09 RT and 08 F800ST).

Is there some real reason I should upgrade to a WiFi 911? I believe if I do so, i'd also have to purchase the adapter to connect the new 911 to my older, 10-pin connection points.

I have always traveled with either a laptop or a tablet. With the tablet and Bluetooth to the 911, I have the diagnostic functions only. With the laptop and USB I have the full range of options.

Does the new 911WiFi offer any additional functionality either through WiFi or USB than the older model? Is the sole improvement the WiFi connectivity plus the ability to connect to the newer model years? Any knowledgeable clarification appreciated.

I used to have an Android OS phone and there was a free GS-911 app. It appears it's no longer free. I now have an iPhone but there is no Bluetooth connection option. Is there a WiFi based app that allows connection between the iPhone and the newer 911? Full function or diagnostic only? Free (ha ha)?

TIA!

I have the USB/Bluetooth 911. I don't own anything newer than 2011 GS (along with 09 RT and 08 F800ST).

Is there some real reason I should upgrade to a WiFi 911? I believe if I do so, i'd also have to purchase the adapter to connect the new 911 to my older, 10-pin connection points.

I have always traveled with either a laptop or a tablet. With the tablet and Bluetooth to the 911, I have the diagnostic functions only. With the laptop and USB I have the full range of options.

Does the new 911WiFi offer any additional functionality either through WiFi or USB than the older model? Is the sole improvement the WiFi connectivity plus the ability to connect to the newer model years? Any knowledgeable clarification appreciated.

I used to have an Android OS phone and there was a free GS-911 app. It appears it's no longer free. I now have an iPhone but there is no Bluetooth connection option. Is there a WiFi based app that allows connection between the iPhone and the newer 911? Full function or diagnostic only? Free (ha ha)?

TIA!

I don't see why you need a different GS911 than you have - yet. At some point you may have different equipment - different bike, different computer equipment, different phone, etc. Then you might decide you want or need a new GS911. I just got a new one but we have new G310GS bikes with the OBDII port and software. Yes I could get an adapter for my old GS911 but I am not confident the coding works the same on the old units as on the new units. So I got one on sale.

:idea
Might be a good time to get one of the old(r) ones for the F800GS :dunno
Then there is dealing with Windoze and finding an old laptop :violin
OM

I did not need a code, the sale price was automatic on the site. Pretty sure it said it was on until the 8th or 9th too. Maybe they sold out?

Possibly, I’ve checked all the usual suspects and $399 is the going rate today. Went to far as to put it in cart and start checkout, still no discounts.

Possibly, I’ve checked all the usual suspects and $399 is the going rate today. Went to far as to put it in cart and start checkout, still no discounts.

Same here. I had in my mind to make the purchase this weekend (buying one as a gift for my son), but no dice on the sale price. Bummer - - I was under the impression the sale went through Dec 9.:dunno

Ted has also changed his price back to the regular price.
I would call Ted and ask if he will honor the sale price that he had advertised.
His website had shown the sale price would be good until the 9th.

Back