• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

'88 K75C fuel pump vent hose

rall275

hose2.jpgpump mesh2.jpgdirtypump2.jpg

I've been rehabbing my tank innards and have had a difficult time determining exactly how the vent line to the pump screen is routed. I'm pretty sure I've identified the nipple on the tank's ceiling the hose connects, but couldn't find how the hose from the pump would get through the tight fit of the pump in its mounting. I see an opening on the upper left, a cut out in the opening that I believe the hose goes through.

Could you confirm that the hose I fitted here is the correct routing? I can't see any other way. I'm assuming the screen nipple would be under this opening when fitted.

Additionally, I pulled my pump and the previous owner had fitted what looks like tent screen over the end secured with stainless steel wire and covered the vent tube in the process. I have a new finer mesh oem screen next to it.

The rubber damper is is good condition, but the plastic mounting plate is warped and one clip won't retract completely, so I'm replacing it.

Thanks guys!

There are a few pictures in a thread for an '85 model in the Similar Threads pane below.

Thanks Lee! If I ever have to do this again, I'll at least have this mastered.

Here's a photo after I cleaned the components. I'm ordering 5 new 5mm lock nuts as some were rusted. Hat washers were in good condition after I steel wooled them lightly.

Attachments

• cleaned2.jpg
    cleaned2.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 28
Back