• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Installing Navigator VI Cradle on F700GS

jbtex

I have the Navigator VI, which I am using with my R1200RT. I would like to also use it with my F700GS, but I'm dealing with a bit of confusion as to which parts to order. I *think* the following are correct, but I would like to have someone confirm who has the cradle installed on their F700GS. The following came from a call to the parts department of a BMW dealer.

* 77527724487 - Bracket Clip - From the diagram, this mounts to the handlebar.
* 77528544464 - Four Button Cradle, which I assume mounts to the Bracket Clip.
* 07129902610 - Inner Hex Bolt, which the indivdiual at the dealership stated replaces the handlebar bolts and mounts the Bracket Clip to the handlebar.

The hex bolt makes sense, but when looking at what BMW states on their parts website for the F700GS, there is another part number that is listed as "Mounting Hardware for Navigator": 77527728215. Although it states that this is for the Nav IV, even though it's shown with the cradle for the Nav VI.

All that to say, if someone has the Nav VI mounted on their F700GS, I'd love to get some input, even pictures, if possible.

Thanks!

Issue Resolved

I was able to find an image with the bracket installed. The following part numbers that are needed have been confirmed. In case anyone else is looking.

• 77528544464 - Cradle
  • 77527724487 - Bracket Clip
  • 32717652161 - Bolt (Qty. 4 Needed)
  • 77527726412 - Cover (Optional)

This is for a 2018 F700GS and the BMW Navigator VI.

That is helpful info thanks for posting the follow-up.

Incidentally, I did not realize the F700GS was offered in North America in 2018. I thought the last year was 2017??

That is helpful info thanks for posting the follow-up.

Incidentally, I did not realize the F700GS was offered in North America in 2018. I thought the last year was 2017??

Not sure about the last year the model was available in the US. I picked it up three months ago as a new left-over from a BMW dealer in North Texas. It had something like 5 miles on the odometer and was listed as a 2018 model on the invoice.

Not sure about the last year the model was available in the US. I picked it up three months ago as a new left-over from a BMW dealer in North Texas. It had something like 5 miles on the odometer and was listed as a 2018 model on the invoice.

Wow! Nice find.

You wouldn’t happen to know about or have leads on other leftover F700GS models?

Wow! Nice find.

You wouldn’t happen to know about or have leads on other leftover F700GS models?

I wasn't specifically looking for F700GS models at the time. In fact, I had been talking with this individual who was trying to off-load his son's F750GS when I widened the search on CycleTrader and the F700GS came up at a no-brainer deal. One of those finds that might be rare.

At this point finding a 2018 F700GS as a left-over may be almost impossible. You may have to allow a bit of use and one in pristine used condition, if you're looking specifically for that model year. I'd even go so far as to say that you'd want to look for one from someone who had it as a second "fun" bike and is now upgrading when the 2020 models drop in price in the Spring.

Use CycleTrader and save a search to get notifications when they pop up.

Back