• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Finally! Picked up my K75S

milwlandrover

I finally was able to pick up my Black K75S yesterday after work. I am in Wisconsin so the weather is always a little tricky this time of year. It was supposed to rain until approx. 1;00 and then be clear and cold. I had a 1.5 hour drive to pick it up. We were able to drive it on the trailer and strap it down. I took this pictures on the way home when I stopped for gas. I will need to replace the right hand mirror, the rear brake light and there is a dent on the right hand side. 5800 miles. 2 owner bike. He was asking $3800.00 but the day before I called him he moved it in his storage unit and the bike fell over (thus the dent). I should have this all taken care before spring. I am pretty excited. I talked him down to $2500.00

Attachments

• on the trailer right side.jpg
    on the trailer right side.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 144
  • on the trailer left side.jpg
    on the trailer left side.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 146
  • on the trailer front right.jpg
    on the trailer front right.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Nice. Low miles. A keeper. Parts available. Aren't making these anymore. Second owner is great. Smooth runner.

thanks

Fist owner bought it and then immediately had health issues. Sold it back to the dealer who did a full service (except the spine) put new tires on it just cuz of age and sold it to a guy who had a Harley. He found he didn't have room to store both so he rode if for a month and the battery died. The dealership replaced the battery with new at no charge. The guy decided to sell it but while moving it dropped it on the right side. I am glad he came down and am very happy with the bike so far. It looks good on the trailer and sitting up there it gets great gas mileage.

Attachments

• tank dent.jpg
    tank dent.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 140
Fist owner bought it and then immediately had health issues. Sold it back to the dealer who did a full service (except the spine) put new tires on it just cuz of age and sold it to a guy who had a Harley. He found he didn't have room to store both so he rode if for a month and the battery died. The dealership replaced the battery with new at no charge. The guy decided to sell it but while moving it dropped it on the right side. I am glad he came down and am very happy with the bike so far. It looks good on the trailer and sitting up there it gets great gas mileage.
:thumb Considering the cosmetic defects, that's a fair deal from the prices i see here in Ca. I paid $2500.00 for my pristine 3100 mile '93, from the original owner's estate, but I needed to do a fuel pump and replace the original tires. I think you should be able to address the warts and still have a very nice bike and lots of miles left and still come in at under $3000.00. What are your plans for the tank dent, really too bad it made it all these years to just now fall over. :banghead.

My dent

I plan to take it to a local guy that specializes in Euro bikes and have him do a once over. Perhaps check the splines for me too. I'll ask him if he uses anyone in particular. Body shops get $120.00 for a 1" dent and about $30.00 for each 1/2 inch more according to a body shop guy. It should not be too bad.

Thanks

:thumb Considering the cosmetic defects, that's a fair deal from the prices i see here in Ca. I paid $2500.00 for my pristine 3100 mile '93, from the original owner's estate, but I needed to do a fuel pump and replace the original tires. I think you should be able to address the warts and still have a very nice bike and lots of miles left and still come in at under $3000.00. What are your plans for the tank dent, really too bad it made it all these years to just now fall over. :banghead.

I hope you got a black one cuz everything I read says that although the red ones are faster the black ones are more reliable!!:)

Again, remind them that the tank is aluminum. It appears that there is some paint damage along with the dent. If the dent repair and paint touchup do not fully come out to your satisfaction, a simple solution is to buy a factory multivario tankbag. The hold down straps would probably hide the dent and paint damage.

It's very handy and fits the look of the bike. I never take mine off my bike. It's full of usefull things.

Beautiful bike! Congratulations. You are going to love it in the summer. It can be a bit chilly in the winter, so get good gear.

:dance:dance:dance

thanks again

I have heard the tank bags scratch the top of the tanks, but I have heard a lot of things. It is food for thought though. I will call you in a few minutes for a right side mirror and a brake light cover.

I have heard the tank bags scratch the top of the tanks, but I have heard a lot of things. It is food for thought though. I will call you in a few minutes for a right side mirror and a brake light cover.

We used tank covers with our tank bags.
My wife modified the cover so you could still see part of the tank.

June 97 .jpg

Welcome.

JMO, but I would leave the dent. Then the first time you drop it, you won't feel so bad. :) Or consult with a paintless dent fixer as to whether they can just pull it out. Maybe not so with aluminum.

I rode a K75S some years ago, in the Rockies, and I remember that it was a pretty agile machine. It had some French air / oil rear shock though.

Welcome.

JMO, but I would leave the dent. Then the first time you drop it, you won't feel so bad. :) Or consult with a paintless dent fixer as to whether they can just pull it out. Maybe not so with aluminum.

I rode a K75S some years ago, in the Rockies, and I remember that it was a pretty agile machine. It had some French air / oil rear shock though.

I have confidence in the OP, he won't drop it. They're not very heavy really. My Honda ST1100 is a beast at standstill, my k75 is a true middleweight and easy to handle. I won't buy any more bikes much over 500 lbs anymore, just too heavy, compounded by my 30 inch inseam. Make it pretty, the bike deserves it.:) Chunk.

Chunk
How do you keep your bike so CLEAN?
Jeez- I could eat off that thing its so clean.
I better get a toothbrush and get after mine.
Don't hold your breath it will never look like yours.
:wave

Chunk
How do you keep your bike so CLEAN?
Jeez- I could eat off that thing its so clean.
I better get a toothbrush and get after mine.
Don't hold your breath it will never look like yours.
:wave

Nick,

If you read post #5, you will find that it only had 3100 miles on it when he bought it and I think that photo was taken soon after. Since it is a SoCal bike, there's no reason that he can't keep it like that for some time.

Nick,

If you read post #5, you will find that it only had 3100 miles on it when he bought it and I think that photo was taken soon after. Since it is a SoCal bike, there's no reason that he can't keep it like that for some time.

Yep, low miles, showroom clean when i got it, lived in a garage in Socal so it's not hard to find nice, old bikes around here if you look at CL everyday. This one wouldn't have lasted too long on CL. I bought this Mystic with about 5,000 miles on the clock, same deal, Socal bike. We don't get much inclement weather and my bikes never see much rain, unless I'm on a ride somewhere. I do like to keep them nice though.
Mystic-0015.jpg

I finally was able to pick up my Black K75S yesterday after work. I am in Wisconsin so the weather is always a little tricky this time of year. It was supposed to rain until approx. 1;00 and then be clear and cold. I had a 1.5 hour drive to pick it up. We were able to drive it on the trailer and strap it down. I took this pictures on the way home when I stopped for gas. I will need to replace the right hand mirror, the rear brake light and there is a dent on the right hand side. 5800 miles. 2 owner bike. He was asking $3800.00 but the day before I called him he moved it in his storage unit and the bike fell over (thus the dent). I should have this all taken care before spring. I am pretty excited. I talked him down to $2500.00

Beautiful bike! I don't see many black S's so you have a relatively rare bike. I have a '92 blue "S" and a 1990 standard K75 and love them both. With modern tires and suspension they are still a very enjoyable ride. Congratulations!

response

I've met a lot of real nice people on this site. One thing I have noticed is that most of you guys take a lot of pride in your bikes (I am from Milwaukee, land of the Harley Davidson so I know what polished chrome looks like) and the other thing I noticed is that I am one of the few with only ONE bike. K-bikes seem to be like pringles potato chips in that you can have just one.

Back