• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Is there a way to post .GIF images

ackme

Talented Fool
Inserting via the image button gets an invalid format message. Using the video button just posts the URL.

I searched for previous post asking this question but did not find anything.

Thanks,
Ackme

I don't have the answer but imagine that Omega Man knows the answer. The software seems to say that you can post four formats. Here's that initial screen, and gif is one of the allowed formats:

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 6.09.35 PM.png

Perhaps the size of the file is a problem. Anyway, Gary will have the answer.

This GIF file worked.
I used the Insert Image button. Square with a tree in it.

Like.gif

An issue with gifs might be that the size is currently limited to about 490Kb and 800x600 in resolution.

:)

giphy.gif

I type it in cuz I'm used to doing it :dance

om

Well hell. Copy link address does not seem to work. Save image as and upload from computer did not work either. :banghead

Can't be me, right? :bottle

Will try again later.

Please don't. The last thing we need is this form of poor entertainment. If you like GIFs, go play on Facebook please. And then you can get likes and shares too.:banghead

Here is a fun GIF from the movie Guardians of the Galaxy-

giphy.gif

Too bad we are not all Groot :wow

The movie has a great soundtrack as well :)

OM

Please don't. The last thing we need is this form of poor entertainment. If you like GIFs, go play on Facebook please. And then you can get likes and shares too.:banghead

You used a GIF :dunno

Personally I like the option of having a Thank You button.

Back