• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F850GS Cell Phone Mount

PhilStearns

Ok......did the few pages of searching on the F Twins forum and didn’t see it.

Can you guys let me know how you are mounting your phones on the bike? I’ve got a ‘19 and am looking for ideas. I also have the NAV VI.

Thoughts? Pics?

Hi,

I'm using a RAM Mount RAM X-Grip with Tough Claw on a 2019 F 850 GS Adventure. Solid mount that is very easily switched between bikes or adjusted. RAM has a easy to use Mount Builder that will show a few options based on bike and phone used. It holds the phone very securely and does not take up much space at all.

https://www.rammount.com/mount-builder

Gregg

Just a word of warning: If you have a Pixel phone, be very careful about how you mount it. Pixel phones do not like motorcycle vibrations. A Pocket Mount or placing the phone in a tank bag would be better options. Do not mount it to the frame or handlebars. I learned the hard way B-(

Randy

Just a word of warning: If you have a Pixel phone, be very careful about how you mount it. Pixel phones do not like motorcycle vibrations. A Pocket Mount or placing the phone in a tank bag would be better options. Do not mount it to the frame or handlebars. I learned the hard way B-(

Randy

Randy,

Not just the Pixel phone... most recent trip I made, my iPhone Xr camera got damaged by what I think was the vibration from the motorcycle... image would not stabilize...

It was still under warranty (I got it just before the trip) so I was able to get it repaired without any cost to me. But I was so :banghead that I could not take photos during that trip... had to rely on the photos others were taking.

This is what I am using for a photo mount... missing from the photo is the elastic band that I also use just in case the clamp comes loose...

attachment.php

That's what happened to my Pixel 2XL. First the camera died and then other things failed. Finally they died completely. This happened to two phones over 3 months. Google Fi insurance covered it. I have since encountered 2 others with the same experience. I haven't had the problem with either my tank bag or the infamous Pocket Mount.
Randy

Back