• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Gear question Klim Altitude

jstrube

John.
Hello!

I just purchased my wife a new set of gear from Klim, great sale by the way. Unfortunately, trying Klim women's gear on in a store is just not possible... We ordered it direct.

The question is regarding the pants. Her first comment to me was that the front sits very low, like 2" below her belly button, and not 2" above at her waist line as her old Olympia pants.

How does this work for you ladies out there? Is the low rise of these a problem? We are working with a size 16 if that matters. My wife has a defined waist, so this is not her norm in how pants sit, especially riding gear, where one would think more coverage is better.

Comments? Are all Klim women's pants this way?

Did she buy the last generation or the current model?
Since you mentioned sale I take it they are not the current ones.
My wife has the current Altitude pants.
I'll ask her tonight where they fit compared to her navel.

I did see one complaint here about the low cut of the Women's Artemis pants.
My wife tried both and liked the waist better on the Altitude.

Edit: I looked at the Klim early black Friday sale.
They show the previous generation and the ones before that with the adjustable length.

This is the version my wife has.
klim_altitude_womens_pants_black_1800x1800.jpg

shopping.png

Last edited:
Her first comment to me was that the front sits very low, like 2" below her belly button, and not 2" above at her waist line as her old Olympia pants.

Debbie could not remember how high the waist is but definitely not up to her belly button.
She normally buys mid rise jeans to let you know how she likes the waist to fit.
She does not like high waist riding pants because of the slight forward lean of the bikes she has owned.

Both her Klim Altitude and BMW Streetguard pants are higher in the back to keep her butt covered when leaned forward.
Same with her riding jackets, they are longer in the back to keep the draft out.

Last edited:
I posted a while back about riding gear and how they must use women who #1 do not ride & #2 women who are built like a stick. I despise low rise riding pants, and will never buy a pair, no matter how good a deal. I solved my problem by going back to Aerostich and the 0ne piece Roadcrafter suit. It looks like the Klim pants pictured by Lee are good. I intended to buy a Klim Artemis jacket & pants at the National, but after trying on the jacket found the sleeves were sooo tight at the elbows it was ridiculous. Again, who the hell designs this gear???:scratch.

I may call Klim to ask about other gear. Basically, if my wife likes it, I'll buy it for her. It is tough with women's gear, as it is not stocked as heavily, and like mentioned, women come in many shapes, as well as sizes. I wish she would go out do the research and say, Hey, I like this... But she is happy with what she has for most of the riding she does. I am pushing to buy her into some waterproof, yet breathable gear since she is planning on riding to the rally next year with me, and the fully vented gear that works perfect for mid California will be miserable if we hit any weather, or the cold at altitude. She likes the Altitude Jacket we ordered, I am hoping we can find some matching pants, or if not matching, at least comparable quality wise.

. It is tough with women's gear, as it is not stocked as heavily, and like mentioned, women come in many shapes, as well as sizes. .

We know what you mean. It's hard for my wife to find gear she can try on, especially pants since she's tall.

I may call Klim to ask about other gear. Basically, if my wife likes it, I'll buy it for her. It is tough with women's gear, as it is not stocked as heavily, and like mentioned, women come in many shapes, as well as sizes. I wish she would go out do the research and say, Hey, I like this... But she is happy with what she has for most of the riding she does. I am pushing to buy her into some waterproof, yet breathable gear since she is planning on riding to the rally next year with me, and the fully vented gear that works perfect for mid California will be miserable if we hit any weather, or the cold at altitude. She likes the Altitude Jacket we ordered, I am hoping we can find some matching pants, or if not matching, at least comparable quality wise.

jstrube, I can certainly understand her position. I like the "look" of the Klim gear, and I think they make good gear provided you can wear it (low rise pants & tight sleeves). You are not alone in the complaints department, as while I was trying on the Klim jacket at the rally, another woman much more petite than me, said she found the jacket sleeves so tight they cut off her circulation!
I know this isn't Klim, and your wife likes it... but I will highly recommend Aerostich (they will fit her), and the gear is #1, along with customer service. Good luck with your search.:)

I asked Debbie about her previous generation Klim Altitude jacket and she said the sleeves are slender but not tight.
Her only complaint is the cuffs do not open enough to allow it to scoop air in on hot days.

P1030757.JPG

jstrube, I can certainly understand her position. I like the "look" of the Klim gear, and I think they make good gear provided you can wear it (low rise pants & tight sleeves). You are not alone in the complaints department, as while I was trying on the Klim jacket at the rally, another woman much more petite than me, said she found the jacket sleeves so tight they cut off her circulation!
I know this isn't Klim, and your wife likes it... but I will highly recommend Aerostich (they will fit her), and the gear is #1, along with customer service. Good luck with your search.:)

You know, the sleeves were not an issue. A tad long, but not tight.

She rides a Ducati Scrambler, which is upright, and in the wind. We are going to take the trip together on my RT, first long co-pilot trip for her.

I think we had a Stich pop up event in CA coming up, I'll have to send her a link and see if we can make it.

I asked Debbie about her previous generation Klim Altitude jacket and she said the sleeves are slender but not tight.
Her only complaint is the cuffs do not open enough to allow it to scoop air in on hot days.

View attachment 76354

Lee,
That is a great picture. I have been there many, many times, and it is one place you don't want your brakes to fail! :)
I think the Artemis jacket I tried on is a "new" design by Klim. There was a write up about it in an earlier issue of the Owners News this year. I have country girl arms and I think it was made for someone with spaghetti arms. :)

Lee,
That is a great picture. I have been there many, many times, and it is one place you don't want your brakes to fail! :)
I think the Artemis jacket I tried on is a "new" design by Klim. There was a write up about it in an earlier issue of the Owners News this year. I have country girl arms and I think it was made for someone with spaghetti arms. :)

Thanks
Yes, the Artemis is fairly new. The Artemis is a Adventure style and the Altitude is a street style.

We have stayed at the Cliff House a few times.
Debbie likes the back deck.
IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Yep, we are sending it back! The good thing is, she started Googling Women's riding gear, and unfortunately came up with jeans, chaps, etc. mostly... But she started looking... She likes the fit of her Olympia gear. It is just all mesh.

Which Cliff House is that, I googled and found a bunch of places named that...

John.

Which Cliff House is that, I googled and found a bunch of places named that...

John.

It's on hwy 7 about 7 miles south of Jasper Arkansas.

Revzilla does a good job of video reviews on gear if you see something you might be interested in.

Hello!

I just purchased my wife a new set of gear from Klim, great sale by the way. Unfortunately, trying Klim women's gear on in a store is just not possible... We ordered it direct.

The question is regarding the pants. Her first comment to me was that the front sits very low, like 2" below her belly button, and not 2" above at her waist line as her old Olympia pants.

How does this work for you ladies out there? Is the low rise of these a problem? We are working with a size 16 if that matters. My wife has a defined waist, so this is not her norm in how pants sit, especially riding gear, where one would think more coverage is better.

Comments? Are all Klim women's pants this way?

I just got my Altitude jacket and pants today at EuroSport in Asheville. I'm 5'4 and the pants fit great, with the front snaps at right about my navel. The jacket fits great as well, with no tightness of the sleeves. Awhile back I had the Artemis jacket and pants when we had the GS, and noticed that the pant's waist was lower than the Altitude. That took a bit of getting used to. I like the Altitude fit much better.

We went to the Klim HQ and store in Rigby, ID about 18 months ago. Annie tried on over ten pair of pants before she found a pair that fit. Evidently women who ride are not expected to have long legs. They do make good gear.

Annie tried on over ten pair of pants before she found a pair that fit. Evidently women who ride are not expected to have long legs. They do make good gear.

In the past Debbie could not buy Klim pants because the tall sizes were only available in size 6, 8, and 10.
Debbie wears 12 Tall and that size is available now.

I just got my Altitude jacket and pants today at EuroSport in Asheville. I'm 5'4 and the pants fit great, with the front snaps at right about my navel. The jacket fits great as well, with no tightness of the sleeves. Awhile back I had the Artemis jacket and pants when we had the GS, and noticed that the pant's waist was lower than the Altitude. That took a bit of getting used to. I like the Altitude fit much better.

Thanks for comparing the two suits.

We need a picture of the new suit :)

Last edited:
Back