Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Gear question Klim Altitude

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    John. jstrube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atwater, CA
    Posts
    1,202

    Gear question Klim Altitude

    Hello!

    I just purchased my wife a new set of gear from Klim, great sale by the way. Unfortunately, trying Klim women's gear on in a store is just not possible... We ordered it direct.

    The question is regarding the pants. Her first comment to me was that the front sits very low, like 2" below her belly button, and not 2" above at her waist line as her old Olympia pants.

    How does this work for you ladies out there? Is the low rise of these a problem? We are working with a size 16 if that matters. My wife has a defined waist, so this is not her norm in how pants sit, especially riding gear, where one would think more coverage is better.

    Comments? Are all Klim women's pants this way?
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

  2. #2
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    8,893
    Did she buy the last generation or the current model?
    Since you mentioned sale I take it they are not the current ones.
    My wife has the current Altitude pants.
    I'll ask her tonight where they fit compared to her navel.

    I did see one complaint here about the low cut of the Women's Artemis pants.
    My wife tried both and liked the waist better on the Altitude.

    Edit: I looked at the Klim early black Friday sale.
    They show the previous generation and the ones before that with the adjustable length.

    This is the version my wife has.
    klim_altitude_womens_pants_black_1800x1800.jpg

    shopping.png
    Last edited by Lee; 11-18-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  3. #3
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    8,893
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    Her first comment to me was that the front sits very low, like 2" below her belly button, and not 2" above at her waist line as her old Olympia pants.
    Debbie could not remember how high the waist is but definitely not up to her belly button.
    She normally buys mid rise jeans to let you know how she likes the waist to fit.
    She does not like high waist riding pants because of the slight forward lean of the bikes she has owned.

    Both her Klim Altitude and BMW Streetguard pants are higher in the back to keep her butt covered when leaned forward.
    Same with her riding jackets, they are longer in the back to keep the draft out.
    Last edited by Lee; 11-18-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  4. #4
    I posted a while back about riding gear and how they must use women who #1 do not ride & #2 women who are built like a stick. I despise low rise riding pants, and will never buy a pair, no matter how good a deal. I solved my problem by going back to Aerostich and the 0ne piece Roadcrafter suit. It looks like the Klim pants pictured by Lee are good. I intended to buy a Klim Artemis jacket & pants at the National, but after trying on the jacket found the sleeves were sooo tight at the elbows it was ridiculous. Again, who the hell designs this gear???.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

  5. #5
    John. jstrube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atwater, CA
    Posts
    1,202
    I may call Klim to ask about other gear. Basically, if my wife likes it, I'll buy it for her. It is tough with women's gear, as it is not stocked as heavily, and like mentioned, women come in many shapes, as well as sizes. I wish she would go out do the research and say, Hey, I like this... But she is happy with what she has for most of the riding she does. I am pushing to buy her into some waterproof, yet breathable gear since she is planning on riding to the rally next year with me, and the fully vented gear that works perfect for mid California will be miserable if we hit any weather, or the cold at altitude. She likes the Altitude Jacket we ordered, I am hoping we can find some matching pants, or if not matching, at least comparable quality wise.
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

  6. #6
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    8,893
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    . It is tough with women's gear, as it is not stocked as heavily, and like mentioned, women come in many shapes, as well as sizes. .
    We know what you mean. It's hard for my wife to find gear she can try on, especially pants since she's tall.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    I may call Klim to ask about other gear. Basically, if my wife likes it, I'll buy it for her. It is tough with women's gear, as it is not stocked as heavily, and like mentioned, women come in many shapes, as well as sizes. I wish she would go out do the research and say, Hey, I like this... But she is happy with what she has for most of the riding she does. I am pushing to buy her into some waterproof, yet breathable gear since she is planning on riding to the rally next year with me, and the fully vented gear that works perfect for mid California will be miserable if we hit any weather, or the cold at altitude. She likes the Altitude Jacket we ordered, I am hoping we can find some matching pants, or if not matching, at least comparable quality wise.
    jstrube, I can certainly understand her position. I like the "look" of the Klim gear, and I think they make good gear provided you can wear it (low rise pants & tight sleeves). You are not alone in the complaints department, as while I was trying on the Klim jacket at the rally, another woman much more petite than me, said she found the jacket sleeves so tight they cut off her circulation!
    I know this isn't Klim, and your wife likes it... but I will highly recommend Aerostich (they will fit her), and the gear is #1, along with customer service. Good luck with your search.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

  8. #8
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    8,893
    I asked Debbie about her previous generation Klim Altitude jacket and she said the sleeves are slender but not tight.
    Her only complaint is the cuffs do not open enough to allow it to scoop air in on hot days.

    P1030757.JPG
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  9. #9
    John. jstrube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atwater, CA
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    jstrube, I can certainly understand her position. I like the "look" of the Klim gear, and I think they make good gear provided you can wear it (low rise pants & tight sleeves). You are not alone in the complaints department, as while I was trying on the Klim jacket at the rally, another woman much more petite than me, said she found the jacket sleeves so tight they cut off her circulation!
    I know this isn't Klim, and your wife likes it... but I will highly recommend Aerostich (they will fit her), and the gear is #1, along with customer service. Good luck with your search.
    You know, the sleeves were not an issue. A tad long, but not tight.

    She rides a Ducati Scrambler, which is upright, and in the wind. We are going to take the trip together on my RT, first long co-pilot trip for her.

    I think we had a Stich pop up event in CA coming up, I'll have to send her a link and see if we can make it.
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    I posted a while back about riding gear and how they must use women who #1 do not ride & #2 women who are built like a stick. I despise low rise riding pants, and will never buy a pair, no matter how good a deal. I solved my problem by going back to Aerostich and the 0ne piece Roadcrafter suit. It looks like the Klim pants pictured by Lee are good. I intended to buy a Klim Artemis jacket & pants at the National, but after trying on the jacket found the sleeves were sooo tight at the elbows it was ridiculous. Again, who the hell designs this gear???.
    Kelsey Runge leads the women's clothing design team. Send your thoughts through the Klim website contact page, put in a note to her attention, let us know if you get contacted! They say they really want to design for what the women rider's need...sounds like you have good input they could use.

  11. #11
    Registered User susan-nc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Laurel Park, NC
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    Hello!

    I just purchased my wife a new set of gear from Klim, great sale by the way. Unfortunately, trying Klim women's gear on in a store is just not possible... We ordered it direct.

    The question is regarding the pants. Her first comment to me was that the front sits very low, like 2" below her belly button, and not 2" above at her waist line as her old Olympia pants.

    How does this work for you ladies out there? Is the low rise of these a problem? We are working with a size 16 if that matters. My wife has a defined waist, so this is not her norm in how pants sit, especially riding gear, where one would think more coverage is better.

    Comments? Are all Klim women's pants this way?
    I just got my Altitude jacket and pants today at EuroSport in Asheville. I'm 5'4 and the pants fit great, with the front snaps at right about my navel. The jacket fits great as well, with no tightness of the sleeves. Awhile back I had the Artemis jacket and pants when we had the GS, and noticed that the pant's waist was lower than the Altitude. That took a bit of getting used to. I like the Altitude fit much better.

  12. #12
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    8,893
    Quote Originally Posted by susan-nc View Post
    I just got my Altitude jacket and pants today at EuroSport in Asheville. I'm 5'4 and the pants fit great, with the front snaps at right about my navel. The jacket fits great as well, with no tightness of the sleeves. Awhile back I had the Artemis jacket and pants when we had the GS, and noticed that the pant's waist was lower than the Altitude. That took a bit of getting used to. I like the Altitude fit much better.
    Thanks for comparing the two suits.

    We need a picture of the new suit
    Last edited by Lee; 11-23-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  13. #13
    Registered User susan-nc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Laurel Park, NC
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Thanks for comparing the two suits.

    We need a picture of the new suit
    We'll try to remember to take one when we go the Knobbies' Christmas party next weekend. If not then, we'll see you and Debbie in Texas in April.

  14. #14
    SURVIVOR akbeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    8,780
    We went to the Klim HQ and store in Rigby, ID about 18 months ago. Annie tried on over ten pair of pants before she found a pair that fit. Evidently women who ride are not expected to have long legs. They do make good gear.
    Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

  15. #15
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    8,893
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Annie tried on over ten pair of pants before she found a pair that fit. Evidently women who ride are not expected to have long legs. They do make good gear.
    In the past Debbie could not buy Klim pants because the tall sizes were only available in size 6, 8, and 10.
    Debbie wears 12 Tall and that size is available now.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Similar Threads

  1. A question about Klim K Fifty jeans
    By motor10 in forum Gear
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-27-2019, 07:33 PM
  2. Question on Klim Latitude pants!
    By weschmann in forum Gear
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 10:18 AM
  3. Octane and altitude question
    By glenfiddich in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 10:58 PM
  4. Anyone Here Wearing Klim Gear?
    By Bobonli in forum Gear
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 01:08 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •