• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Gear question Klim Altitude

Thanks for comparing the two suits.

We need a picture of the new suit :)

We'll try to remember to take one when we go the Knobbies' Christmas party next weekend. If not then, we'll see you and Debbie in Texas in April. :)

I posted a while back about riding gear and how they must use women who #1 do not ride & #2 women who are built like a stick. I despise low rise riding pants, and will never buy a pair, no matter how good a deal. I solved my problem by going back to Aerostich and the 0ne piece Roadcrafter suit. It looks like the Klim pants pictured by Lee are good. I intended to buy a Klim Artemis jacket & pants at the National, but after trying on the jacket found the sleeves were sooo tight at the elbows it was ridiculous. Again, who the hell designs this gear???:scratch.

Kelsey Runge leads the women's clothing design team. Send your thoughts through the Klim website contact page, put in a note to her attention, let us know if you get contacted! They say they really want to design for what the women rider's need...sounds like you have good input they could use.

MotoPort

Yep, we are sending it back! The good thing is, she started Googling Women's riding gear, and unfortunately came up with jeans, chaps, etc. mostly... But she started looking... She likes the fit of her Olympia gear. It is just all mesh.

Which Cliff House is that, I googled and found a bunch of places named that...

John.

I strongly recommend MotoPort. I gave up buying off the rack. I am petite, uh... rather round in places, and small boned. Great combination. The only way any jacket off the rack would fit going around meant that the sleeves were about 4 to 6 inches too long. I have Motoport's Kevlar jacket and pants. They do 100% custom sizing and when I bought my gear several years ago they were competitive with 'Stitch, Rukka and Klim. Check them out. They are in CA.

Louise

My wife is 5'2" and 100 pounds on a bad day. Finding riding gear for her is tough. I bought some XS sized gear for her a couple years ago, it was too large. We did find some gear in another brand that she likes, still just a touch large!

In the past Debbie could not buy Klim pants because the tall sizes were only available in size 6, 8, and 10.
Debbie wears 12 Tall and that size is available now.

Industry standard for women pants is 31 inch inseam. Which just doesn't work with a 34 inch inseam, barefoot. I actually tried on 27 pair of pants, but finally did buy a pair of mens pants!

Back