Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gear question Klim Altitude

Gear question Klim Altitude

Hello!

I just purchased my wife a new set of gear from Klim, great sale by the way. Unfortunately, trying Klim women's gear on in a store is just not possible... We ordered it direct.

The question is regarding the pants. Her first comment to me was that the front sits very low, like 2" below her belly button, and not 2" above at her waist line as her old Olympia pants.

How does this work for you ladies out there? Is the low rise of these a problem? We are working with a size 16 if that matters. My wife has a defined waist, so this is not her norm in how pants sit, especially riding gear, where one would think more coverage is better.

Comments? Are all Klim women's pants this way?
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

Did she buy the last generation or the current model?
    Since you mentioned sale I take it they are not the current ones.
    My wife has the current Altitude pants.
    I'll ask her tonight where they fit compared to her navel.

I did see one complaint here about the low cut of the Women's Artemis pants.
    My wife tried both and liked the waist better on the Altitude.

Edit: I looked at the Klim early black Friday sale.
    They show the previous generation and the ones before that with the adjustable length.

This is the version my wife has.
    klim_altitude_womens_pants_black_1800x1800.jpg

shopping.png
    Last edited by Lee; 11-18-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    Her first comment to me was that the front sits very low, like 2" below her belly button, and not 2" above at her waist line as her old Olympia pants.
    Debbie could not remember how high the waist is but definitely not up to her belly button.
    She normally buys mid rise jeans to let you know how she likes the waist to fit.
    She does not like high waist riding pants because of the slight forward lean of the bikes she has owned.

Both her Klim Altitude and BMW Streetguard pants are higher in the back to keep her butt covered when leaned forward.
    Same with her riding jackets, they are longer in the back to keep the draft out.
    Last edited by Lee; 11-19-2019 at 12:04 AM.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

I posted a while back about riding gear and how they must use women who #1 do not ride & #2 women who are built like a stick. I despise low rise riding pants, and will never buy a pair, no matter how good a deal. I solved my problem by going back to Aerostich and the 0ne piece Roadcrafter suit. It looks like the Klim pants pictured by Lee are good. I intended to buy a Klim Artemis jacket & pants at the National, but after trying on the jacket found the sleeves were sooo tight at the elbows it was ridiculous. Again, who the hell designs this gear???.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

I may call Klim to ask about other gear. Basically, if my wife likes it, I'll buy it for her. It is tough with women's gear, as it is not stocked as heavily, and like mentioned, women come in many shapes, as well as sizes. I wish she would go out do the research and say, Hey, I like this... But she is happy with what she has for most of the riding she does. I am pushing to buy her into some waterproof, yet breathable gear since she is planning on riding to the rally next year with me, and the fully vented gear that works perfect for mid California will be miserable if we hit any weather, or the cold at altitude. She likes the Altitude Jacket we ordered, I am hoping we can find some matching pants, or if not matching, at least comparable quality wise.
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

. It is tough with women's gear, as it is not stocked as heavily, and like mentioned, women come in many shapes, as well as sizes. .
    We know what you mean. It's hard for my wife to find gear she can try on, especially pants since she's tall.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

I may call Klim to ask about other gear. Basically, if my wife likes it, I'll buy it for her. It is tough with women's gear, as it is not stocked as heavily, and like mentioned, women come in many shapes, as well as sizes. I wish she would go out do the research and say, Hey, I like this... But she is happy with what she has for most of the riding she does. I am pushing to buy her into some waterproof, yet breathable gear since she is planning on riding to the rally next year with me, and the fully vented gear that works perfect for mid California will be miserable if we hit any weather, or the cold at altitude. She likes the Altitude Jacket we ordered, I am hoping we can find some matching pants, or if not matching, at least comparable quality wise.
    jstrube, I can certainly understand her position. I like the "look" of the Klim gear, and I think they make good gear provided you can wear it (low rise pants & tight sleeves). You are not alone in the complaints department, as while I was trying on the Klim jacket at the rally, another woman much more petite than me, said she found the jacket sleeves so tight they cut off her circulation!
    I know this isn't Klim, and your wife likes it... but I will highly recommend Aerostich (they will fit her), and the gear is #1, along with customer service. Good luck with your search.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

I asked Debbie about her previous generation Klim Altitude jacket and she said the sleeves are slender but not tight.
    Her only complaint is the cuffs do not open enough to allow it to scoop air in on hot days.

P1030757.JPG
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    jstrube, I can certainly understand her position. I like the "look" of the Klim gear, and I think they make good gear provided you can wear it (low rise pants & tight sleeves). You are not alone in the complaints department, as while I was trying on the Klim jacket at the rally, another woman much more petite than me, said she found the jacket sleeves so tight they cut off her circulation!
    I know this isn't Klim, and your wife likes it... but I will highly recommend Aerostich (they will fit her), and the gear is #1, along with customer service. Good luck with your search.
    You know, the sleeves were not an issue. A tad long, but not tight.

She rides a Ducati Scrambler, which is upright, and in the wind. We are going to take the trip together on my RT, first long co-pilot trip for her.

I think we had a Stich pop up event in CA coming up, I'll have to send her a link and see if we can make it.
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I asked Debbie about her previous generation Klim Altitude jacket and she said the sleeves are slender but not tight.
    Her only complaint is the cuffs do not open enough to allow it to scoop air in on hot days.

P1030757.JPG
    Lee,
    That is a great picture. I have been there many, many times, and it is one place you don't want your brakes to fail!
    I think the Artemis jacket I tried on is a "new" design by Klim. There was a write up about it in an earlier issue of the Owners News this year. I have country girl arms and I think it was made for someone with spaghetti arms.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    Lee,
    That is a great picture. I have been there many, many times, and it is one place you don't want your brakes to fail!
    I think the Artemis jacket I tried on is a "new" design by Klim. There was a write up about it in an earlier issue of the Owners News this year. I have country girl arms and I think it was made for someone with spaghetti arms.
    Thanks
    Yes, the Artemis is fairly new. The Artemis is a Adventure style and the Altitude is a street style.

We have stayed at the Cliff House a few times.
    Debbie likes the back deck.
    IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Jeeze, you could have sprung for a room for her!
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Jeeze, you could have sprung for a room for her!
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

Yep, we are sending it back! The good thing is, she started Googling Women's riding gear, and unfortunately came up with jeans, chaps, etc. mostly... But she started looking... She likes the fit of her Olympia gear. It is just all mesh.

Which Cliff House is that, I googled and found a bunch of places named that...

John.
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

Which Cliff House is that, I googled and found a bunch of places named that...

John.
    Ozarks/Northwest Arkansas?