• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seat recover

1994 r1100rs
I just got off the phone with Sargent seats. To recover my Corbin seat. It is going to be $195.00 ship to the front door. Corbin wanted over 400.00 to do it.

1994 r1100rs
I just got off the phone with Sargent seats. To recover my Corbin seat. It is going to be $195.00 ship to the front door. Corbin wanted over 400.00 to do it.

It seems to me that there is always some discrepancy when asking one manufacturer to work on another manufacturer’s product :dunno
I would be interested in the end result.
OM

My finding is similar. Corbin wasn't interested in recovering my Corbin seat on my R100GS. Sargent did the seat recovering (foam was ok) and the total price was a bit less than quoted and the turn-around time was quicker. Since then I've had Sargent recover several other Corbin seats and I am well satisfied.

Recovered Corbin

After Sargent recovered your seat does it still slope down or forward to the gas tank?

After Sargent recovered your seat does it still slope down or forward to the gas tank?

For the three Sargent recovered Corbin seats that I have (one R100GS/PD, two K75S) the shape of the seat is the same as it was previously. I asked that the foam material and shape be retained, only recover with the black carbon FX material. The seats were comfortable before, just had holes worn through. The newly recovered seats have lots of life left.

For the three Sargent recovered Corbin seats that I have (one R100GS/PD, two K75S) the shape of the seat is the same as it was previously. I asked that the foam material and shape be retained, only recover with the black carbon FX material. The seats were comfortable before, just had holes worn through. The newly recovered seats have lots of life left.

My experience is the same as Rob. The foam was good it developed a couple of holes. It stills feels like a Corbin per my request.

1994 r1100rs

195 is a good price for 2019. Rick Mayer charged me that price 10yrs before to recover a R11RS seat.

I have had several seats covered by Sargents and most of them were because I wanted to change the shape of the seat for my wife or a friend. You can mark the seat where you want the new shape to be or take the cover off and carve the foam to the desired shape and they will make it look like you want it to. I have always been pleased with the results.

I have custom seats on both of my KTM's done by Renazco who does virtually all seats for any North Americans heading to Dakar. They are known for their offroad seat work. As far as I know my R65 and R1100 seats are stock and neither of then hurt me too badly as of yet.

Back