• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

??? - Where are the discussions about the F850GS/F750GS?

Well it works for me. Windshields are so rider specific. To me it is not overly large and I can easily see over it, but I do need the spoiler in order to get the wind completely over head.

CalSci, of course, regards the spoiler as an abomination :ha but it works for me.

Well it works for me. Windshields are so rider specific. To me it is not overly large and I can easily see over it, but I do need the spoiler in order to get the wind completely over head.

CalSci, of course, regards the spoiler as an abomination :ha but it works for me.

May I ask how tall you are? I'm 5'6" and I don't think I'd be seeing over that shield!

So the difference in torso height might be 2 inches or so. Is your line of sight 2 inches or more above the top of the shield?

It is. While I was out riding this afternoon I was thinking about my answer and I would say that rider @5'-6" would easily see over the 12" RH of the sport screen. I do have the MRA x-screen sport on my Cal-Sci and it is set about halfway above the top of the Cal-Sci. So it adds about another 2" to top line. I still see over that.

It is. While I was out riding this afternoon I was thinking about my answer and I would say that rider @5'-6" would easily see over the 12" RH of the sport screen. I do have the MRA x-screen sport on my Cal-Sci and it is set about halfway above the top of the Cal-Sci. So it adds about another 2" to top line. I still see over that.

Thanks for the details. I'm surprised that that is the sport screen. It looks taller than what I'd imagine that screen to look like. I guess it is hard to tell from that photo. I think I'll be choosing between a CalSci and the ZTechnik VStream shields for the F750GS.
http://www.nationalcycle.com/z2380.html

I have a Cee Bailey on a 2005 V-Strom 650, and that works extremely well. Unfortunately they're not doing motorcycle shields anymore.

Thanks for the details. I'm surprised that that is the sport screen. It looks taller than what I'd imagine that screen to look like. I guess it is hard to tell from that photo. I think I'll be choosing between a CalSci and the ZTechnik VStream shields for the F750GS.
http://www.nationalcycle.com/z2380.html

I have a Cee Bailey on a 2005 V-Strom 650, and that works extremely well. Unfortunately they're not doing motorcycle shields anymore.

If you measure up 12" from the upper bolt position you can get a sense of how high the Cal Sci Sport model will be. Windscreens, like seats, seem such a matter of personal fit that it never seems to translate from rider to rider what will fit your personal preference. That is why I opted for the short base screen and used the X-screen from a previous bike to get some adjust-ability of both height and angle. The Madstad seems like the next best option for getting that kind of range.

Of course if you have the funds and the patience you keep buying screens until you find a keeper and then sell off the runner-ups. :beer

Good luck and let us know what you end up with. :thumb

I too have been surprised at the incredibly small number of posts on the F750 / 850 GS. Particularly the 750
I’m a new MOA member after purchasing my 750 last June, but I’m happy to be part of this group.

I just posted about my rear brake squeal in the Motorrad Forum because I though it wasn’t unique to this model and would get better response. Check it out if you’re interested.

But the point has been made that it’s up to us owners to generate the chatter here. I’ll do my best but so far the brake issue is my only one.

I upgraded from a Suzuki V-Strom 650, which is a solid bike and a great value. But I totally appreciate the upgrade I’ve made to my F750GS. (I would hope so after paying 2X the price!)

Let’s hear from you owners on anything, good bad or indifferent. If no one posts, no one will check in.

I love my F850GSA, but I have a sickness and love them all. ;-).
5d58e9785e76262c9b98440ad43a4b20.jpg

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Agree, we need more "F" category activity. Just because our pistons pump perpendicular to an R, we should not be ashamed...LOL. Go F!

Attachments

• IMG_5358.jpg
    IMG_5358.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 93
New F750GS 01.31.20

I have made my rounds on various GS models from a R100GS to a PD to a 1100GS to a 1150GS to a 1150GSA to a 1200Gs to a 1200GSA to a 1250GS to a 310GS with a few 650GS in there too. Trading the 310GS for a new 19 F750GS as even though I have been downsizing, the 310 was a bit too small for me. A great bike the 310 is, especially for the price! But, we use the bike off the back of the RV and the 750 will suit us better when riding two-up...both in ergonomics and especially power. Getting the bike from Kissell BMW in Tyrone, PA and second bike from them...a fantastic dealership!! Will post more once I get the 750 and put some miles on it. Oh yeah, it's is a white regular suspension model.

Finally....A Ride on the F750!

I bought a F750GS on 01/31/2020 and living in north central Indiana, the weather can be finicky...at best! Last Sunday 02/23, my wife and I took the maiden voyage on the F750. She used to ride a R1200R but no longer rides due to the effects of the evil arthritis! Even though she was a pillion, she could tell the bike handled very well....which I have to agree as it is really a great handling bike! The 750 has the Akrapovic pipe from the factory and again, we both agreed it sounded awesome and she commented the sound reminded her of her R1200 as it had a full Remus system on it. Once I thoroughly read the owner's manual on all of the electronics capabilities and then wrap my feeble brain around all it, life should be good. The only changes so far are adding foam grip covers, a Puig 20" clear windshield, left-over tank bag / sheepskin seat cover...handguards and instrument screen shield are on the way. The next step is to figure out if I should go hard or soft luggage and a seat upgrade (need a bit more leg room and comfort)...we'll see. More to come as the miles mount on this so far great bike!

I bought a F750GS on 01/31/2020 and living in north central Indiana, the weather can be finicky...at best! Last Sunday 02/23, my wife and I took the maiden voyage on the F750. She used to ride a R1200R but no longer rides due to the effects of the evil arthritis! Even though she was a pillion, she could tell the bike handled very well....which I have to agree as it is really a great handling bike! The 750 has the Akrapovic pipe from the factory and again, we both agreed it sounded awesome and she commented the sound reminded her of her R1200 as it had a full Remus system on it. Once I thoroughly read the owner's manual on all of the electronics capabilities and then wrap my feeble brain around all it, life should be good. The only changes so far are adding foam grip covers, a Puig 20" clear windshield, left-over tank bag / sheepskin seat cover...handguards and instrument screen shield are on the way. The next step is to figure out if I should go hard or soft luggage and a seat upgrade (need a bit more leg room and comfort)...we'll see. More to come as the miles mount on this so far great bike!

Nice :thumb
OM

Center Stand on lowered 850.

I had a lowered F700 and noticed that SW Motech had a stand for it. I think Touratech did too. Probably not enough of them out there right now for them to bother with fabrication. I have an F750 that came with a center stand. Unfortunately, the position of that stand makes it a real bear to put the bike up by myself. I have not figured out a technique yet to do it like I was able to on my Goldwing and ST1300.

Review of F750's first 1200 miles

Bought my 750 in December in Chicago and shipped it to AZ. Finally caught up with it on January 28th. Rode it 1200 miles in the next 3 weeks. Longest day was 380 miles. The good news is that the new engine is smoother than my 700 and it sounds good. The down side is at low RPM's. Torque is anemic until you hit 2000 or so RPM, which requires a lot of clutch slipping to do slow speed parking lot or U-Turn maneuvers.

The new electronics are amazing. Cruise Control is the main reason I upgraded from the 700. Clutch effort is also much lower in the 750. The standard tires are pure road tread, as compared with the mild on/off Anakee 3 on the 700. Much quieter, and really stick to the road. I doubt that the they will last as long as the 15,000 miles I got on the old bike's original tires.

Ride quality is very good, and the electronic adjustments of the Premium package do as expected. The seat, however, is going to require a change or perhaps installation of gel padding. My ass is screaming by about 200 miles. Lots of time riding standing up.

Ride quality is very good, and the electronic adjustments of the Premium package do as expected. The seat, however, is going to require a change or perhaps installation of gel padding. My ass is screaming by about 200 miles. Lots of time riding standing up.

I have 25XX miles on my 850GSA (Purchased in October 19) and I'll say the seat and for me, the foot pegs are problems. The seat is just tough to get comfortable with and I'm getting Russell Day Long to make me a seat. The pegs....I'm thinking of some lower pegs or the BMW adjustable ones. Just too much knee pain after about 90 miles.

In my commute, I consistently average 52mpg this winter.

I have 25XX miles on my 850GSA (Purchased in October 19) and I'll say the seat and for me, the foot pegs are problems. The seat is just tough to get comfortable with and I'm getting Russell Day Long to make me a seat. The pegs....I'm thinking of some lower pegs or the BMW adjustable ones. Just too much knee pain after about 90 miles.

In my commute, I consistently average 52mpg this winter.

Seats are a problem. If you decide on a RDL, post up the results if you can. I would like to have one on my F800GS. Kinda nervous on getting a long distance fitting.
OM

Seats are a problem. If you decide on a RDL, post up the results if you can. I would like to have one on my F800GS. Kinda nervous on getting a long distance fitting.
OM

I'll let you know. Seat was already sent in (although maybe I sent the wrong one in...I sent my low seat instead of the spare comfort seat that I have). You'll for sure get photos and an update on this.

I'll let you know. Seat was already sent in (although maybe I sent the wrong one in...I sent my low seat instead of the spare comfort seat that I have). You'll for sure get photos and an update on this.

Great. Thanks. I’m using a Sargent with an Airhawk and still need something better.
OM

I was very grateful to discover that the BMW Comfort Seat that the previous owner included with my F700GS is perfectly fine for my posterior. For up to 400 miles, anyway. I haven’t ridden farther than that in one day, yet.

Back