Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: ??? - Where are the discussions about the F850GS/F750GS?

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Sharp bike!

    Welcome to the forum!

    Gary
    Thanks Gary. The folks here and on the road sure are nice and welcoming to new people in this sport / hobby / lifestyle.
    -Steve
    2019 F850 GSA Rallye

  2. #17
    Registered User ackme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by radarvector View Post
    My wife traded her 2014 Yamaha FZ09 for a 2019 F750 GS and she loves it! She especially loves the suspension versus her old bike and all of the creature comforts. ABS, traction control, beautiful TFT display and heated grips.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Radarvector, impressive traction control on both those bikes!

    I agree with your wife - love the F750 for all the same reasons. I have the "Stereo Metallic" color (I think that means blue/grey ) . I am usually a sucker for a yellow bike but something about the acid greenish tone of that color does not work for me. But I guess that is why they offer choices.

    20190708_095822.jpg
    Last edited by ackme; 11-20-2019 at 09:02 PM.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    gig harborr ,wa
    Posts
    924
    Good looking bike. What windshield is that? Is that Rocky Mountain National Park?

  4. #19
    Registered User ackme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Posts
    31
    Thanks. Yes, that was coming up Trial Ridge from the west side looking back at the Never Summer Range.

    The windscreen is from Cal Sci with the MRA sport spoiler added on.

    ackme

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    gig harborr ,wa
    Posts
    924
    With the vent, I thought it was a Cal-Sci. What is your thoughts on it?

  6. #21
    Registered User ackme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Posts
    31
    Well it works for me. Windshields are so rider specific. To me it is not overly large and I can easily see over it, but I do need the spoiler in order to get the wind completely over head.

    CalSci, of course, regards the spoiler as an abomination but it works for me.

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ackme View Post
    Well it works for me. Windshields are so rider specific. To me it is not overly large and I can easily see over it, but I do need the spoiler in order to get the wind completely over head.

    CalSci, of course, regards the spoiler as an abomination but it works for me.

    May I ask how tall you are? I'm 5'6" and I don't think I'd be seeing over that shield!

  8. #23
    Registered User ackme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by emwins65 View Post
    May I ask how tall you are? I'm 5'6" and I don't think I'd be seeing over that shield!
    Sorry for the delay in reply. I am 6' tall w/ a 34" inseam. So you may be right. It is pretty comfortable for me to see over it. Mine is the sport model - overall height of 20" and a relative height of 12.5"
    https://calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/F750GSprod.html

    ack

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ackme View Post
    Sorry for the delay in reply. I am 6' tall w/ a 34" inseam. So you may be right. It is pretty comfortable for me to see over it. Mine is the sport model - overall height of 20" and a relative height of 12.5"
    https://calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/F750GSprod.html

    ack
    So the difference in torso height might be 2 inches or so. Is your line of sight 2 inches or more above the top of the shield?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  10. #25
    Registered User ackme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    So the difference in torso height might be 2 inches or so. Is your line of sight 2 inches or more above the top of the shield?
    It is. While I was out riding this afternoon I was thinking about my answer and I would say that rider @5'-6" would easily see over the 12" RH of the sport screen. I do have the MRA x-screen sport on my Cal-Sci and it is set about halfway above the top of the Cal-Sci. So it adds about another 2" to top line. I still see over that.

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ackme View Post
    It is. While I was out riding this afternoon I was thinking about my answer and I would say that rider @5'-6" would easily see over the 12" RH of the sport screen. I do have the MRA x-screen sport on my Cal-Sci and it is set about halfway above the top of the Cal-Sci. So it adds about another 2" to top line. I still see over that.
    Thanks for the details. I'm surprised that that is the sport screen. It looks taller than what I'd imagine that screen to look like. I guess it is hard to tell from that photo. I think I'll be choosing between a CalSci and the ZTechnik VStream shields for the F750GS.
    http://www.nationalcycle.com/z2380.html

    I have a Cee Bailey on a 2005 V-Strom 650, and that works extremely well. Unfortunately they're not doing motorcycle shields anymore.

  12. #27
    Registered User ackme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by emwins65 View Post
    Thanks for the details. I'm surprised that that is the sport screen. It looks taller than what I'd imagine that screen to look like. I guess it is hard to tell from that photo. I think I'll be choosing between a CalSci and the ZTechnik VStream shields for the F750GS.
    http://www.nationalcycle.com/z2380.html

    I have a Cee Bailey on a 2005 V-Strom 650, and that works extremely well. Unfortunately they're not doing motorcycle shields anymore.
    If you measure up 12" from the upper bolt position you can get a sense of how high the Cal Sci Sport model will be. Windscreens, like seats, seem such a matter of personal fit that it never seems to translate from rider to rider what will fit your personal preference. That is why I opted for the short base screen and used the X-screen from a previous bike to get some adjust-ability of both height and angle. The Madstad seems like the next best option for getting that kind of range.

    Of course if you have the funds and the patience you keep buying screens until you find a keeper and then sell off the runner-ups.

    Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Similar Threads

  1. Will I love an F750GS?
    By gtriffon in forum F-Twins
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2019, 05:44 PM
  2. New 2018 F850GS and F750GS at the EICMA Show
    By PGlaves in forum F-Twins
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-19-2017, 01:36 PM
  3. Threads or Website for Airhead Model discussions?
    By zenduddhist in forum Airheads
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 02:20 AM
  4. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 01:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •