• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

??? - Where are the discussions about the F850GS/F750GS?

EUGENE

Why on this forum is their a lot of talk about the F850GSA but not so much about the F850GS/F750GS:scratch?

AFAIK, no one is censoring or deleting topics. If there are few threads on a particular topic it is probably only because few people have an interest or experience to share.

Maybe you need to start the conversation!

Thank you Omega Man. :thumb I just like to hear what others are doing with these models.
For now keeping my 07 F800ST.

This is the situation where you "shoot" the non-messenger. Just not as many folks riding F's in general. My experience has been to post, be it a question or comment and have no replies at all. Of course, my topics may be not be noteworthy, but rather think it's such a small market share, at this time (especially these 850 models), generates few if any comments. I would guess as the group ages further into the "give me a smaller bike to ride" crowd, postings will increase

My take of the whole F-Twin thing is when introduced, the forum here was “all boxer”. I think the F-Twin seemed to appeal to a (perhaps) “younger” crowd. Move ahead 10 or so years and we watch the rapid evolution if the water cooled Boxer which has seemed to take over. Somewhere in the last couple of years the 310 series has come around, especially for BMW enthusiasts wishing for a lighter, more maneuverable “BMW branded” bike.

Anyway, the postings of the F-Twins and the 310’s seem to be running the same either side of the favored Boxer motor configuration.......as new model introductions go.

Whatever you ride in the BMW series, post it up as all the posts help someone. :thumb

Of course, YMMV :)

OM

I suspect that there are many on this forum that own multiple versions of BMWs. For example, between Annie and I, we have owned four F bikes; we currently have an F800GS in addition to two LC Boxers and a Ural boxer. So just post your questions, observations, quips and quibbles and you just might start a conversation.

I love my F850GSA. It has everything the "big" bikes have at less cost and an easier to handle package for me.

Thumb (6).jpg

I have the low chassis though and am researching options for getting a center stand or just buying a rear stand for the bike so I can do simple maintenance. For me, there's a lot of F850GSA threads because there's very little aftermarket support for the bike....especially for the low chassis model.

I love my F850GSA. It has everything the "big" bikes have at less cost and an easier to handle package for me.

View attachment 76263

I have the low chassis though and am researching options for getting a center stand or just buying a rear stand for the bike so I can do simple maintenance. For me, there's a lot of F850GSA threads because there's very little aftermarket support for the bike....especially for the low chassis model.

Sharp bike!

Welcome to the forum!

Gary

Why on this forum is their a lot of talk about the F850GSA but not so much about the F850GS/F750GS?

Are you looking for more/specific information about the F850GS/F750GS or, are you curious about what extra features the GSA has which the GSes don't have? Or...?

And please...give this discussion a better title than "???" with a text that explains a bit more what you are looking for.

/Guenther

And please...give this discussion a better title than "???" with a text that explains a bit more what you are looking for.

I've been thinking about that as well. So, I've gone ahead and added some context to the title.

My wife traded her 2014 Yamaha FZ09 for a 2019 F750 GS and she loves it! She especially loves the suspension versus her old bike and all of the creature comforts. ABS, traction control, beautiful TFT display and heated grips.
8ed372610fc7db52ac65de2f1e278ab0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

View attachment 76263

SW Motech makes a short center stand for low suspension F bikes. My wife got hers on Twisted Throttle.

f850GSA

I've posted several times on the F850GSA. It is newer than the F850GS, has some slightly different options to it, and is more suited to the "over the road" or long trip rider than the GS. The GSA has a larger tank (about 2 gallons more), more protection from the weather, a movable windshield on the fly, just to name a few. Since I purchased mine I've added Wunderlich upper crash bars (my inseam is 27"), Clearwater Darlas, hand guard extensions, 35mm bar risers,Givi tank lock tank bag, Wunderlich windshield, and the BMW metal skid plate and headlight module protector. Also the BMW side cases as I'll be going over the road with it. I bought the low sus / low seat model so I had to buy the center stand and have my dealer cut it down so it would fit. Much easier to change things with a center stand, and lube the chain.

I also have a 2018 RT but I love the F850 and just bought another F850GS for home. I'll ride it around south Florida for 2-3 days next month to get something close to 600 miles on the clock so I can get the first service done before I ship it home, as there are no motorcycle dealers where I live so I'll be doing all my own maintenance on this one. The low suspension models do not have the spiffy electronic suspension so with the GS I just bought for home, I went with the standard suspension but have purchased the Hyperpro combo lowering kit for the F850GS and having my dealer install it. It uses progressive springs in the front and rear suspensions so when you sit on it your body weight makes it sink closer to the ground, and I should be able to get a solid ball of my foot at stop. Can't wait to see if it is better than the low suspension. For this bike I also added the 35mm risers (short arms too), the GSA's windshield mechanism for a movable windshield, the Clearwater Darla's of course, upper and lower crash bars, small Givi tank lock tank bag (this bike will be a daily rider and I can't really travel very far on it where I live).

I hope you'll continue to post your wife's experiences on the new 750 as we can all benefit.

I've got about 2500 miles on the GSA over two trips in October, and I find the unique warble vibration of the engine on acceleration attractive, certainly different from the boxer. At about 100lbs lighter the lower torque and horsepower don't seem to be that much of a difference, and the 50-55mpg ain't bad.

Scotty

rightFront.jpg

My wife traded her 2014 Yamaha FZ09 for a 2019 F750 GS and she loves it! She especially loves the suspension versus her old bike and all of the creature comforts. ABS, traction control, beautiful TFT display and heated grips.
8ed372610fc7db52ac65de2f1e278ab0.jpg

Radarvector, impressive traction control on both those bikes! :ha :beer

I agree with your wife - love the F750 for all the same reasons. I have the "Stereo Metallic" color (I think that means blue/grey :dunno) . I am usually a sucker for a yellow bike but something about the acid greenish tone of that color does not work for me. But I guess that is why they offer choices. :rocker

20190708_095822.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes, that was coming up Trial Ridge from the west side looking back at the Never Summer Range.

The windscreen is from Cal Sci with the MRA sport spoiler added on.

ackme

Back