Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ??? - Where are the discussions about the F850GS/F750GS?

New F750GS 01.31.20

I have made my rounds on various GS models from a R100GS to a PD to a 1100GS to a 1150GS to a 1150GSA to a 1200Gs to a 1200GSA to a 1250GS to a 310GS with a few 650GS in there too. Trading the 310GS for a new 19 F750GS as even though I have been downsizing, the 310 was a bit too small for me. A great bike the 310 is, especially for the price! But, we use the bike off the back of the RV and the 750 will suit us better when riding two-up...both in ergonomics and especially power. Getting the bike from Kissell BMW in Tyrone, PA and second bike from them...a fantastic dealership!! Will post more once I get the 750 and put some miles on it. Oh yeah, it's is a white regular suspension model.

Finally....A Ride on the F750!

I bought a F750GS on 01/31/2020 and living in north central Indiana, the weather can be finicky...at best! Last Sunday 02/23, my wife and I took the maiden voyage on the F750. She used to ride a R1200R but no longer rides due to the effects of the evil arthritis! Even though she was a pillion, she could tell the bike handled very well....which I have to agree as it is really a great handling bike! The 750 has the Akrapovic pipe from the factory and again, we both agreed it sounded awesome and she commented the sound reminded her of her R1200 as it had a full Remus system on it. Once I thoroughly read the owner's manual on all of the electronics capabilities and then wrap my feeble brain around all it, life should be good. The only changes so far are adding foam grip covers, a Puig 20" clear windshield, left-over tank bag / sheepskin seat cover...handguards and instrument screen shield are on the way. The next step is to figure out if I should go hard or soft luggage and a seat upgrade (need a bit more leg room and comfort)...we'll see. More to come as the miles mount on this so far great bike!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shropdog View Post
    I bought a F750GS on 01/31/2020 and living in north central Indiana, the weather can be finicky...at best! Last Sunday 02/23, my wife and I took the maiden voyage on the F750. She used to ride a R1200R but no longer rides due to the effects of the evil arthritis! Even though she was a pillion, she could tell the bike handled very well....which I have to agree as it is really a great handling bike! The 750 has the Akrapovic pipe from the factory and again, we both agreed it sounded awesome and she commented the sound reminded her of her R1200 as it had a full Remus system on it. Once I thoroughly read the owner's manual on all of the electronics capabilities and then wrap my feeble brain around all it, life should be good. The only changes so far are adding foam grip covers, a Puig 20" clear windshield, left-over tank bag / sheepskin seat cover...handguards and instrument screen shield are on the way. The next step is to figure out if I should go hard or soft luggage and a seat upgrade (need a bit more leg room and comfort)...we'll see. More to come as the miles mount on this so far great bike!
    Nice
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Center Stand on lowered 850.

I had a lowered F700 and noticed that SW Motech had a stand for it. I think Touratech did too. Probably not enough of them out there right now for them to bother with fabrication. I have an F750 that came with a center stand. Unfortunately, the position of that stand makes it a real bear to put the bike up by myself. I have not figured out a technique yet to do it like I was able to on my Goldwing and ST1300.

Review of F750's first 1200 miles

Bought my 750 in December in Chicago and shipped it to AZ. Finally caught up with it on January 28th. Rode it 1200 miles in the next 3 weeks. Longest day was 380 miles. The good news is that the new engine is smoother than my 700 and it sounds good. The down side is at low RPM's. Torque is anemic until you hit 2000 or so RPM, which requires a lot of clutch slipping to do slow speed parking lot or U-Turn maneuvers.

The new electronics are amazing. Cruise Control is the main reason I upgraded from the 700. Clutch effort is also much lower in the 750. The standard tires are pure road tread, as compared with the mild on/off Anakee 3 on the 700. Much quieter, and really stick to the road. I doubt that the they will last as long as the 15,000 miles I got on the old bike's original tires.

Ride quality is very good, and the electronic adjustments of the Premium package do as expected. The seat, however, is going to require a change or perhaps installation of gel padding. My ass is screaming by about 200 miles. Lots of time riding standing up.

Quote Originally Posted by numbersman View Post

Ride quality is very good, and the electronic adjustments of the Premium package do as expected. The seat, however, is going to require a change or perhaps installation of gel padding. My ass is screaming by about 200 miles. Lots of time riding standing up.
    I have 25XX miles on my 850GSA (Purchased in October 19) and I'll say the seat and for me, the foot pegs are problems. The seat is just tough to get comfortable with and I'm getting Russell Day Long to make me a seat. The pegs....I'm thinking of some lower pegs or the BMW adjustable ones. Just too much knee pain after about 90 miles.

In my commute, I consistently average 52mpg this winter.
    -Steve
    2019 F850 GSA Rallye
    or
    2017 F-250

Quote Originally Posted by dimsum07 View Post
    I have 25XX miles on my 850GSA (Purchased in October 19) and I'll say the seat and for me, the foot pegs are problems. The seat is just tough to get comfortable with and I'm getting Russell Day Long to make me a seat. The pegs....I'm thinking of some lower pegs or the BMW adjustable ones. Just too much knee pain after about 90 miles.

In my commute, I consistently average 52mpg this winter.
    Seats are a problem. If you decide on a RDL, post up the results if you can. I would like to have one on my F800GS. Kinda nervous on getting a long distance fitting.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Seats are a problem. If you decide on a RDL, post up the results if you can. I would like to have one on my F800GS. Kinda nervous on getting a long distance fitting.
    OM
    I'll let you know. Seat was already sent in (although maybe I sent the wrong one in...I sent my low seat instead of the spare comfort seat that I have). You'll for sure get photos and an update on this.
    -Steve
    2019 F850 GSA Rallye
    or
    2017 F-250

Quote Originally Posted by dimsum07 View Post
    I'll let you know. Seat was already sent in (although maybe I sent the wrong one in...I sent my low seat instead of the spare comfort seat that I have). You'll for sure get photos and an update on this.
    Great. Thanks. Iím using a Sargent with an Airhawk and still need something better.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I was very grateful to discover that the BMW Comfort Seat that the previous owner included with my F700GS is perfectly fine for my posterior. For up to 400 miles, anyway. I havenít ridden farther than that in one day, yet.
    Ted | 2013 F700GS | 2012 KLX250S

RDL Seat

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    OM
    OM: I wouldn't be nervous on ordering a seat long distance. I ordered a RDL for a Dakar I had a few years ago, fit perfect and made a HUGE difference! As I recall, you have a picture taken of you sitting on the bike with side / center stand up. You then supply a couple of measurements and intended use of the bike, passengers, weight, luggage, % of time doing each, etc. and that's about it. Again, I was very pleased with the end result. Good luck on your decision!

Quote Originally Posted by shropdog View Post
    OM: I wouldn't be nervous on ordering a seat long distance. I ordered a RDL for a Dakar I had a few years ago, fit perfect and made a HUGE difference! As I recall, you have a picture taken of you sitting on the bike with side / center stand up. You then supply a couple of measurements and intended use of the bike, passengers, weight, luggage, % of time doing each, etc. and that's about it. Again, I was very pleased with the end result. Good luck on your decision!
    Thanks!
    Maybe..... I have the original pan as I put an aftermarket seat on that was only marginally better. The problem is really on my end....... or lack thereof.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

My seat gets here Wednesday!
    -Steve
    2019 F850 GSA Rallye
    or
    2017 F-250