• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

reinstated member Limp mode issues

apd421@aol.com

I own a 2017 R 1200 GSA, in June 2019 my bike went into limp mode while I was on a week end trip, fortunately I was able to borrow a friends XR 1000 and had my bike towed in for repairs.
I picked up the bike the following week end, although the bike was under warranty the authorized BMW dealer charged me $ 200.00 in round numbers for the repair, I was not happy!!
In October 2019 I took my annual motorcycle trip with friends, this year we met in Asheville N.C.
On October 2nd. we were riding from Blowing Rock to Asheville when my bike went into limp mode while I was traveling at 50 mph around a left hand sweeping curve, like any accident things happen quickly and I lost control of the bike, went down a 12' embankment and fortunately into a grassy field. The bike has $ 5,900.00 in damages.
If anyone reading this has experienced their bike going into limp mode while at speed, please respond to this post.
I feel this malfunction caused the accident and am in contact with BMW North America.

First off I am glad it wasn't worse for you.
Second, I would be very careful what you do on social media in regards to this incident until all has been resolved. Lawyers need very little to turn the tide against you.. YMMV
All the best!

Back