• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Kinda new member

GoldDog

I joined MOA several years ago when I had my 2002 R1150RT. The bike had 82,000 miles on it and I made several trips to Texas (Hill Country) to ride with friends. A diagnosis of MS put an end to my riding and I sold my beloved RT, but hard work and good doctors have brought me back to where I can ride again. I recently purchased a 2007 R1200Rt and have thoroughly enjoyed every second on this bike. Quite a difference from my 1150.

I am retired and live on the Seacoast of NH. My plan is to ride as much as I can, whenever I can and hopefully I can head back to Texas again next Spring or Fall.

Glad to be back here.

Welcome back to the forum! Nice to hear you can still swing a leg over!! So, GoldDog...does that reflect an affection for a certain kind of dog??

Welcome back to the forum! Nice to hear you can still swing a leg over!! So, GoldDog...does that reflect an affection for a certain kind of dog??

Thanks. It has been a long road but my motivations came in two forms. 1) Wanting to get back in the saddle and 2) These guys.

Y4xtnwU.jpg

Welcome back.
The Hill Country is one of our favorite places to ride, especially in April when the wildflowers bloom.

I always went in the Spring, usually late April, early May. Plenty cold leaving NH but nice and warm in Texas. The Bluebonnets are amazing, especially after a wet Winter.

Plenty cold leaving NH but nice and warm in Texas. The Bluebonnets are amazing, especially after a wet Winter.

I bet it's cold :)
It's cold enough leaving Iowa mid April but we usually only have one cold day before we get south enough to warm up.
Bluebonnets were great this spring.

2323 (5).JPG

Steve and Helen ride (2).JPG

Back