• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1300S Wheel Paint Code

zoomie

Does anyone have the paint code for a K1300S HP forged wheel. I dinged mine up. :banghead
the repair shop needs the paint code. Thanks

This is from the parts fiche.
FOR VEHICLES WITH SPECIAL MODEL (CODE: X393A) :

NOT FOR VEHICLES WITH RDC (CODE: X530A)

Color - Magnesium metallic matt, triple-coat paint finish.

I think RDC is Tire Pressure Monitor

WARNING: Thread derail ahead!

So, BMW goes to the trouble and expense of outfitting the Motorsport Edition with forged wheels and then squanders the weight savings with 3 coats of paint? Criminal, I tell you. :)

WARNING: Thread derail ahead!

So, BMW goes to the trouble and expense of outfitting the Motorsport Edition with forged wheels and then squanders the weight savings with 3 coats of paint? Criminal, I tell you. :)
At 1.2 pounds lighter per wheel it doesn't sound like they squandered much. :dance

At 1.2 pounds lighter per wheel it doesn't sound like they squandered much. :dance

Well, if a forged anodised wheel weighs 2.5-3 pounds less than than the stock wheel then I'd say yes, they squandered an advantage they didn't need to squander. As well, considering that most of the weight savings of a forged wheel is typically in the rim of the wheel, the difference in rotating weight can be significant. No comment on the durability. :D

About the same weight as a quart of water in my water jug.

Unsprung weight of a wheel makes a difference in handling.
Your jug of water doesn't change the handling of the bike.
Good riders like Tim can benefit from lightweight wheels.

Slow riders like me don't get any benefit.

Unsprung weight of a wheel makes a difference in handling.....
Slow riders like me don't get any benefit.

While you may not think you get any benefit, I'd venture a guess that you could certainly feel the difference. Further, removing unsprung weight makes life easier on the suspension and can result in improved ride quality. Its not just theoretical. :thumb

While you may not think you get any benefit, I'd venture a guess that you could certainly feel the difference. Further, removing unsprung weight makes life easier on the suspension and can result in improved ride quality. Its not just theoretical. :thumb

How about the sprung weight in the saddle? 😜

Not to hijack my thread, which was made more interesting by the unsprung weight comments, the wheel refinisher said the finish was paint, not anodizing. Max BMW parts department could find no paint codes for the wheel, so an attempt at color matching is in the offing. Please proceed with unsprung weight comments. :)

Back