Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Ride to Great Falls

ANuQUK7.jpeg

I'd love to go to this one but I can only get 10 off work at the most and while I could do 2.5 days out, 2.5 days back + the rally, I'd be missing out on a lot of great scenery on the way sticking to slab only. I think west-coast rallies just aren't for me until I get closer to retirement. (in about 40 years).

Quote Originally Posted by adamchandler View Post
    ANuQUK7.jpeg

I'd love to go to this one but I can only get 10 off work at the most and while I could do 2.5 days out, 2.5 days back + the rally, I'd be missing out on a lot of great scenery on the way sticking to slab only. I think west-coast rallies just aren't for me until I get closer to retirement. (in about 40 years).
    While I was working I would pretty much attend any National that was about 1000 miles from home so that I could enjoy the ride out and back. Or in order to ride all of the lower 48 I would fly to Kansas City and rent a bike and tour about 3 or 4 states. Did that about 5 times. When I retired in 2017 I was finally able to attend the Salt Lake City National and then Des Moines in '18. This year I will not only attend the Rally in Great Falls but plan to go on to the Oregon coast so that I can say I actually rode coast to coast! Retirement does provide a lot of opportunity to do "bucket list" things.
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

TravelsWithBarley.com
    We'll be on the road for three months this spring and early summer, and the timeline is too lengthy to cover here. But if any of you happen to be riding when and where we are at the time, we'd love to meet you!

Here's a link to our planned route: http://travelswithbarley.com/meet-up-where-were-headed/
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

Quote Originally Posted by adamchandler View Post
    ANuQUK7.jpeg

You gotta stop in Fargo... big Posse party brewing up there as you ride to the rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    You gotta stop in Fargo... big Posse party brewing up there as you ride to the rally.
    Careful Adam; many who stop in Fargo never leave.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana