• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tires 1250GS

apbehnen

I have a new 1250GS that came with stock Bridgestone Battlax Adventure tires. I have 5000 miles on the bike, and the front tire is already down to the wear bar. The back tire still has lots of tread. Does anyone know what gives with these tires? Are they soft rubber? I at least expected to get 6000 miles out of a tire.

My experience on a R1200 GSA with Michelins (Anakee 3, Road 4, Road 5) was 2 rears per front, about 8,000/rear and 15,000/front. Continental TKC70's got 1:1, about 8,000 miles. No experience with Bridgestones.

So far the OEM Michelin Anakee Adventures on my new R1250 GSA are doing fine. It's only been 4 days but after 500 miles there's no sign of wear yet. :dance

Thanks for responses

Thanks for your responses. I contacted my local BMW mc dealership. They told me they have been seeing a max of between 5,000 and 6,000 miles on the Bridgestone Battlax Adventure front tire. They recommended the new Anakees. The problem is that the rear tire still has lots of tread and I don't want to mix Anakee front and Bridgestone rear. So I had them order me a new Battlax adventure tire for the front. I will run that for 5,000 miles. My idea is that both the front and rear Battlax will wear out together about that time. Then I will put on a pair of Anakees or another set of tires that will wear a little longer. Off to do research...

Back