• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mileage Medallions

SAMikeC

Okay, so I got a mileage award from BMW and it includes some medallions. They are very pretty, but what do you do with them? One is big an clunky and the other is small with adhesive on the back. On a motorcycle? Where?

Somebody told me that after another 500,000 miles BMW should give me a new bike. They didn't give Voni or Ardys one after a million miles, so I don't have much hope :)

I have a bunch from Harley stashed in a box with related junk. I suppose you could buy a gold chain and wear them around your neck!

I have put them on my bike(s) and Voni's bike(s) like Lee shows in Post #5. I have seen them mounted on fairing pocket lids and other places too.

Not my award but a nice location to display it

818F1318-3877-4813-959C-B7EC1F9E651A.jpeg

Very nice 1 owner bike
Both the bike and the garage clean, neat and well organized quite the opposite of mine!

Great suggestions, thanks. I'm thinking I should just order about a half dozen and then I can put them all around. And if one falls off, or gets stolen, or I buy another motorcycle, well, you never know :)

how do you get them

Okay, so I got a mileage award from BMW and it includes some medallions. They are very pretty, but what do you do with them? One is big an clunky and the other is small with adhesive on the back. On a motorcycle? Where?

been riding bmw's for 43 years clock a few miles. how do you get them

Oh, they're different!

Thanks for the link. I got my certificate and medallions from BMW and didn't know that I needed to do a separate application for the MOA awards.

One minor correction: BMW Motorrad USA awards up to the 1,000,000 mile award. It is a cool trophy. Beyond that they don't do much of anything any more. Voni got exactly the same thing for 1,100,000 miles as for 1,000,000 miles. Except the dealership (Engle Motors) made a special 1,100,000 award since BMW corporate didn't.

Hey Paul

Hey Paul, send us a picture of the one million reward. I sure know unless you do, I will never see one. LOL

I cannot even imagine riding that many miles on a bike. I have a hard time riding the 15 to 20K per year I ride now. That is down from 25K per year and several painful years of illness. St.

Back