• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nav V stuck in Year 2000

And another Y2K Nav V

Don't wait for Garmin. Contact them.
I finally saw the email link on Garmin's support page and sent in a description of the problem this past weekend. Their reply was fast and the message was succinct "Verify your shipping address and we will send you an RMA to exchange the unit". I confirmed my address, got the RMA and shipping instructions within 2 hours. My funky date unit is going back and I expect to receive a replacement unit within a week.

I bet there are a more "broken" units out there not known to their owners. I never use or refer to my bike's date. And I only noticed the problem when the GPS color mode did not switch after sunset. I would suggest anyone with a Nav V go in to the World Clock app on their unit and check out the time displayed there. That is the only place on the Nav V that I could find the date displayed. If the date is correct, count yourself lucky.

I am guessing we will not see any firmware fix to this problem. Their most practical fix is to replace the few units that actually contact them about the problem. I hope that helps you out with how you proceed.

Like you, I noticed the day to night function wasn't working on my Nav V. I romantically thought it was because it gets dark at 5pm at this time of year in Seattle. Upon further review, and not too much of a search effort, here I am. My Nav V is from a 2016 R1200RT, only two-and-a-half years old. I've sent Garmin an email.

Update released today seems to have fixed the issue. Quick 5 minute install via Garmin Express- version 3.5 on completion.

Update released today seems to have fixed the issue. Quick 5 minute install via Garmin Express- version 3.5 on completion.

Apparently the issue has been resolved, although I haven't installed the update yet.

Couple of thoughts- first, kudos to Garmin for responding to this. They could have easily ignored this given that the NAV5 population out there probably isn't close to their largest business segment.

Second, I have to think that having our MOA rep- ExGman- make the effort to communicate with Garmin on the issue as well as the many NAV5 owners that took the time to contact Garmin helped keep this on the front burner.

Looks like I'm good for another 1,024 weeks...

The update fixed my Nav V problem. Does any one know if this problem affected the Garmin Montana 650? Or any other Garmin units? I've looked at all the settings on my Montana, and all looks good, but I want to be sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks!

The update fixed my Nav V problem. Does any one know if this problem affected the Garmin Montana 650? Or any other Garmin units? I've looked at all the settings on my Montana, and all looks good, but I want to be sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks!

Most of the posts I read said it affected the NavV.
All you have to do to check is look at your World Clock on the unit.
On a Nav you get to World Clock after opening Apps.

As promised I did receive a email from Garmin tonight letting me know a fix was available in Garmin Express.

Back