• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Leaving Las Vegas in February

hwerner

I am looking for some advise. I do a job in Vegas every year in February. A few years ago I rented a bike and rode for two days in Death Valley. Where else would be a good two to three day ride given the possibility of snow in the mountains....

Thanks in advance.

Howard

A good day trip to Lake Mead is in order. Start at the dam and go North. Small museum in Overton. Then go through the Valley of Fire State Park.

What are the chances of snow in February. I went to Zion in a car many years ago and it's amazing.

It's been awhile but seems like Zion is fairly low.
Probably too high up toward Bryce NP and Torrey.

Looking up weather for Zion shows Feb. average high is 58 and average low is 33.

Vegas In March

I am looking for some advise. I do a job in Vegas every year in February. A few years ago I rented a bike and rode for two days in Death Valley. Where else would be a good two to three day ride given the possibility of snow in the mountains....

Thanks in advance.

Howard

Thanks for this post, save me from posting the question. My wife and I will be there for the month of March, towing my bike down. Just going to look for a place to store my motorcycle trailer for the duration as parking is at a premium at the Condo we rented.

Neil

I really feel you should travel down to Southern CA. and experience the Freeway system of the greater Los Angeles area... it's amazing to say the least!!
An added plus is you'll be able to hone your lane splitting skills should we hit any traffic. (lets ride at night)

You'll be here within Five hours and have an endless multitude of freeways both East/West, North/South and everything in between. You'll really lOvE it! Let me know and I join in and take you to the Watts Towers and to lunch. I really like the Watts Towers and how the city came to accept the free spirit structure...

Afterwards we'll travel North to Ojai, then on to 33 and some other fine roads that will make you wonder why you rode to Southern CA. in the first place.

PM if you're interested.:wave

I really feel you should travel down to Southern CA. and experience the Freeway system of the greater Los Angeles area... it's amazing to say the least!!
An added plus is you'll be able to hone your lane splitting skills should we hit any traffic. (lets ride at night)

You'll be here within Five hours and have an endless multitude of freeways both East/West, North/South and everything in between. You'll really lOvE it! Let me know and I join in and take you to the Watts Towers and to lunch. I really like the Watts Towers and how the city came to accept the free spirit structure...

Afterwards we'll travel North to Ojai, then on to 33 and some other fine roads that will make you wonder why you rode to Southern CA. in the first place.

PM if you're interested.:wave

Thanks for the creative routing. Been in LA and did my share of lane splitting, while never at night, I think I've had my fill of that.

33 out of Ojai looks like required riding some someday. I've added to my list.

Happy New Year!!

How long are you here? I'm a Vegas local.

I'm there on and off throughout the year. In fact I will be there in the fall if not sooner. I'm looking for a time to ride to visit friends in Sedona via the North Rim. The fall trip might be the one!!

Lot's of places to ride when the chance of snow is low. The issue is the February trip and snow in the mountains...

Back