• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R18 and R18 /2

T-foiler

These two concept bikes are very interesting BMW ideas. I hope they both make it to market. My preference is the old school design- R18

Thanks for showing the old thread. I’m referring to both the r18 and r18/2.
Which one do you think would most popular?

The R18/2 is not bad looking.....

I like it better than the R18.
Never thought I'd see the day where BMW was able to design a decent looking cruiser.
It's not for me but I bet the 18/2 will sell well.

I like it better than the R18.
Never thought I'd see the day where BMW was able to design a decent looking cruiser.
It's not for me but I bet the 18/2 will sell well.

Agreed on all points.

Ducati sells truckloads of Diavels. Why, I'll never know. This will be its direct competition. Maybe even a couple of Harley riders will "see the light". :D

I think they're playing fast and loose with the "/2" moniker. I have a pretty good idea of what a /2 looks like relative to its younger siblings...I own one of each. But I'm scratching my head to see what makes one a "/2" and the other not. :dunno

Looks almost like a small radiator at the lowest part of the engine in the front. Seems like a vulnerable place for that (if it is a radiator). Having those big cylinders just in front of the rider's shins might be a bit warm.

Looks almost like a small radiator at the lowest part of the engine in the front. Seems like a vulnerable place for that (if it is a radiator).

Ducati has positioned them there since 1991. I've never had, nor have I heard of, any issues.

Back