Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: R18 and R18 /2

I have a 1250RT with 136 hp, weighing approx 625 lbs and my R 1200 C is 63 hp weighing in close to 600+/- lbs and it is still a blast to ride. Don't knock it until you've tried it. Just sayin'

2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

Quote Originally Posted by WWeldin View Post
    I have a 1250RT with 136 hp, weighing approx 625 lbs and my R 1200 C is 63 hp weighing in close to 600+/- lbs and it is still a blast to ride. Don't knock it until you've tried it. Just sayin'

The world is full of people who believe that the choice they made is the only right choice for everybody else, and will preach it as the truth until everybody nearby should screech "enough already - enough!"
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by 48012 View Post
    345kg?
    90bhp?
    Sorta like the R1200C revisited
    Thing is gonna be a dog
    As the old saying goes torque wins the race not the horse power... 158 NM at 3,000 rpm is not too shabby... not that the R18 will be racing, but the torque on this big boxer is impressive. It's not everyones cup of tea but BMW got many things right on this one. Also, BMW says it comes with 91HP's. Personally I can't wait to take it for a test drive... not that I am in the market but and an Old School Airhead this interest me. My "fastest" airhead has 67HP. I know. I live in a "different world". Cheers to all.
    sometimes one goes slow, sometimes one goes fast.

Walk around review

Walk around review:

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

another review

Review goes into more detail like the fact it has a reverse gear.

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post

Harry
    Sidecar Tug!

DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post

Harry
    Thanks
    Earlier I was confused how the valve covers were only held on with two tiny fasteners that looked like body panel fasteners.
    He explained there's another cover under the one you see.
    Sounds like the valve covers you see are only for looks.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Yeah, this bike is growing on me.

The reverse gear is an option not standard equipment.
    Ambassador Emeritus BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    Niagara Riders
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Cainey View Post
    The reverse gear is an option not standard equipment.
    The first time somebody noses their 800 pound beast into a downhill diagonal parking place they will curse themselves and their dealer for not having the reverse option. .....
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

It certainly appeals to a different market segment. BMW dealers might soon be stocking doo-rags, gremlin bells, and “off road” exhausts. Maybe we’ll get free hot dogs every Saturday.

Seriously, though, I wonder about vibration on a big twin like this. Even a counterbalancer can’t suppress power pulses, especially at lower rpms. A heavy flywheel and overall vehicle weight will help but still ...
    -Live as fully as you can as long as you can-

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    The first time somebody noses their 800 pound beast into a downhill diagonal parking place they will curse themselves and their dealer for not having the reverse option. .....
    All goes well, it will only happened once.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Sorry, but I can’t imagine a worse time to be launching a luxury vehicle of any kind here in the states than right now.
    The economic shock of this past month(s) will be profound for some time to come. I just don’t see many folks opening up their wallets for expensive Nostalgia toys through The end of 2020.
    Wether you like it or not this thing is a pure indulgence, in a market segment that has been Steadily contracting.
    IMO this bike is about 10 years late. Looks good, but don’t see the strategy. It’ll be interesting to to see how it plays out.

A cruiser... with no forward controls? Can't stretch out your legs and feel the wind up in your crotch. Nope.

People riding bikes like this will want forward controls. I think the bike looks great besides those two big jugs sticking out horizontally.
    2015 GSA

When BMW began this project a few years ago they had no idea what March 2020 would be like. Doing the launch hurt nothing. Buyers will be when buyers will be. Meanwhile, hang on like everybody else.