• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Innovv k2 wiring help

hewness

I'm an "electrical" novice and would really appreciate some pro advice for installation. In addition to usual red/black to red/black, the yellow wire must connect to a switched device/circuit, so the unit knows when the bike is on/off. On a 2018 GSA, how would I go about this without blowing up the neighborhood? Thank you.

Hugh

Without adding something like a Hex EZCan or addition fuse block, etc. probably best to go off the license plate light or taillamp light as these would turn on with ignition on. Probably also located in area under seat where you would be placing the DVR.

The Innovv has a relay box that switches the system on and draws power from the bike when it detects power from the yellow wire, it doesn’t use power from this but uses it to turn on relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have Powerlet sockets they are on with power up and off a few seconds after the bike is shut down.

Thanks all. Reminder that all the lights on the 2018 GSA are LED. Motorrad tech determined that getting enough bang to trigger the K2 requires patching into the fuse for an LED - in this case the headlight fuse. So far the K2 and bike are all happy, and so am I.

Back