• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Everything Facebook knows about you

I got your meme for ya right here!

Screen%20Shot%202019-11-03%20at%2012.52.25%20PM-L.png

So very true!
Reason I quit 2 years ago too..

This can be true, but it can also be false if a person understands and realizes that propaganda is being directed, and approaches information with critical thinking and their own solid values. Yes people can be manipulated, but it is not inevitable. For those whom it is effective, I'm sorry.

I completely agree with you, Paul. However, I fear you might be giving too much credit for critical thinking skills and solid values. :)

I stopped using FB as well but my Untappd check is still show up there.

I would also say r democracy is more fragile now than it has been in a long time.

And I like kittehs too.
IMG_0165-L.jpg
IMG_3073-L.jpg

people quit facebook but keep a hey google thing or alexa in their house, buy a smart tv that records everything you say or use siri on their phone that sends all info to apple and who knows where.

The point of propaganda is that the receiver be incognizant of the message. Reality itself has been questioned from Rousseau forward. However, the first time you swung yer leg over a motorcycle you encountered reality. Information is a commodity. To know is everything. Reality can be shaped. Imagine information being sold! A mere tip of an iceberg. Reality is the bedrock on which empiricism is based. Empiricism is where we got motorcycles and everything else. As much as we think we know, is as much as we know. A few random thoughts on where we are. Is this a motorcycle I'm sitting on? You'll know when you tip over. Am I sharing family fun with my friends? One day we'll all know.

Last edited:
For centuries, both learned and common men verified daily that the sun revolved around the earth, the earth was flat and the king ruled by the grace of God(s). They confirmed that, everyday. Just by being. And, in the end, in death, it was all confirmed.

Anything is info, but little is fact. That's why we built schools and libraries.

We're likely in a post privacy era, without knowing it. We always thought the fourth admendment was concrete. Since Katz v. US, much water has gone over the dam. Who could have imagined all data being saved in a repository? Certainly not the Stasi in, The Lives of Others. Did we really need social media? Or cash free society? Cell phones? iPads? And all of it? Each new breakthrough in technology has flip sides.

Like spending more time and energy loading the dishwasher than simply doing the dishes, handling them one time and then getting out the iPad.

Last edited:
Back